Star Trek - (Stu Trek)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Star Trek - (Stu Trek)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » May 17th, 2009, 8:55 pm

Lets just get this out in the open, I am not a Trekie. The closest I have ever been to a Trekie was the Movie Star Trek 4 - The Voyage Home. In that one, they save the whales, and I have always been fascinated with whales. So maybe I liked the movie because of George and Gracie (The two humpbacks in the movie) instead of Star Trek.

The series has gotten stale and lame. There are too many spinoffs and too many notes...

Ok enough with that. The real thing here is about Star Trek the movie. The rebooted series directed by J.J. Abrams. The movie follows young Captain James Tiberious Kirk and Spock as they join the Star Fleet. We also meet the other Star Trek regulars for the first time like Scotty and Chekov and Harold from Harold and Kumar. Too bad they couldn't have put Kumar in this film, they could have snuck in some doobies on the SS Enterprise.

Anyway, the bad guy this time is Nero played by Eric Bana. He gets pissed off and beats a Buki in space to re leave his stress. Mean while, a giant butt hole ...er...black hole opens up in space and sucks all the cast members clothes off. This scene is pretty funny and Nyota Uhura is hot. In the end, they all play a game of ball warz to decide who will get command of the space shit.

Actually none, of that happens except for the giant butthole in space. I actually got into this movie more than I did Angels and Demons, especially the first part of the movie. Somewhere, half way through, this became a Star Trek movie and I began to loose interest. It was overall entertaining though. The acting was surprisingly good, even for Captain Kirk who plays a hot head who likes poon. I was expecting him to be the weakest link but he actually pulls this off. The directing was ok but the story was kind of stu. There were some plot holes I noticed that never quite got explained. We never figure out if Spock and Uhura get it on.

I give this movie 3.6 stars out of 5. I don't know why it has a 95% on the tomatometer but it is a refreshing reboot to a series that I never really cared for to begin with. I guess you have to be a Trekie to fully understand this movie. Hea.

In this movie, the past meets the future, and Kirk gets it on with the chick.

Somewhere in a dorky guys dorm room, this picture hangs on the wall. He is in the music business and he is calling you duuuuuuuuuuuuude.....
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews