Adventureland - (Adventurehea)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Adventureland - (Adventurehea)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 24th, 2009, 5:06 pm

Last weekend, my woman and I saw the director of Superbad's latest film, Adventureland staring Jesse Eisenberg as a recent college grad who is forced to work at a shitty amusement park because his parents don't have enough money for Grad School. He meets Kristen Stewart and they hit if off. The only problem is, she is a PT who can't decide if she wants Ryan Reynolds or Jessie That Bridge Ain't Going To Hold.

So the story goes on though the summer of 1987 where good music plays (Crowded House...Beatch), and they struggle to find out who they are and what they want in life.

This movie isn't really a comedy although it has some funny parts. It's not vulgar like Superbad and it certainly is more heartwarming but I had a couple issues with this film.

Number one, all the kids at the amusement park who are supposed to be in college look like they just got out of high school. You see these kids drinking and going to bars and they look out of place. They even act like typical high school students which makes them hard to believe. They all do a good job of acting.

The story is ok but I guess my woman and I are out of the age range (and therefor can't really relate much to the characters in there predicament). I did have a slew of shitty jobs myself through high school and college and had to clean up stuff worse than cleaning up vomit on the tiltawurl. Shoot, I was even stu with girls and blew many chances I should have taken just like the main character. But I believe I have moved on from that time and hopefully learned some lessons. Anyway, I must be getting to old for this shit as Danny Glover, who sings the classics every night at the Casper Events Center (Bring an Umbrella), would say.

I give this film 3.6 stars out of 5. It wasn't bad but nothing I am going to remember 2 years from now. Hea.

Jessie: "You know what. This piece of food reminds me of the time I was sitting in the theater, the lights went dark. And the next thing I knew, I was buck naked in Gran Torino and Clint Eastwood was giving me the evil eye."

Kristen: "Yea I have that happen to me all the time."

"Lovin Youuuu. Is easshy cause your beautiful...do do do do SSSHHHHHaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA."
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews