I Love You, Man - (You're Gay, Man)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

I Love You, Man - (You're Gay, Man)

Postby TheStuboy » March 22nd, 2009, 5:16 pm

I actually saw this on Thursday, a day before it opened, at a special screening for those who won the prize or the media, like me. I was there again, representing 949 KHTB (Z-ROCK).

I Love You Man stars Paul Rudd and Jason Segel who have done many a film in these past few years.

Paul Rudd was recently in "Role Models" which I have on DVD courtesy of my work, but have yet to see. Jason Segel was in Forgetting Sara Marshall, which was terrible. Judd Aptow had nothing to do with this film and it works beautifully without him.

Spoilers...

Paul Rudd's character is about to get married but realizes he doesn't have any guy friends that could be good enough to be his best gay man at his wedding. Paul searches long and far for a guy friend and runs into many on the way, ending up with Jason Segel who he meets at a open house.
Paul and Jason become good friends and the movie becomes very formulaic after that.

END Spoilers.

I came in expecting this movie to suck, and I didn't know much about it other than what I had seen in the previews. I ended up liking the film better then Miss March. The comedy is funny, and is not over the top like most of the other films these two main stars have been in.
The sad part of it is, Paul's character reminds me of me.
I seem to have more friends that are female then male. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I still have friends that are guys, mainly at work. There is that whole thing about being kang.

The story is somewhat predictable, but then again, all comedy follows this path in one way or another.

Nothing spectacular jumped out at me, and it isn't anything I haven't seen before, but that's not to say this isn't a bad film.

I definitely noticed myself laughing more than I did in Miss March.

One of the problems I noticed was the casting of the female characters, particularly Paul Rudd's fiance. I didn't like her character nor did I connect to her. She seemed very wrong for Paul and I don't think she is all that good looking either.

That aside, the film works. I was entertained, and for seeing this for free, it wasn't bad.

3.5 stars out of 5.

See that guy over there, he's about to fart. You can tell by the posture.
Prrrt. Told ya!

If you are friends like this then you really have no reason to say URGAY!
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Your Kang, Man

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 29th, 2009, 1:53 pm

This weekend while down in Phoenix to see Elton Gomps and Billy Joel in concert and to go to the Renaissance Festival, we saw a movie at the downtown AMC theater. I tell you what, AMC should open a theater here in Flagstaff. They have arena seating with room to stretch out, much nicer than Harkin's. But I digress, we went to see the latest Paul Rudd, Jason Segel vehicle. These guys are in almost every comedy movie these days.

Anyway, Stu pretty much explains the story for you. Paul Rudd doesn't really have any dude friends, kind of like Stu. And goes out to find one. He ends up meeting Jason Segel at an open house and they hit it off.

For most of the movie, it was funny. The chemistry between Rudd and Segel is what makes this movie work. After watching this movie, it made me wish I had more guys nights with playing poker and jam sessions (although I do have jam sessions with some dudes every Tuesday nights. We haven't gotten to the part where we play Rush songs yet.)

Anyway, this was an entertaining movie. Nothing to great but it was well worth the 2 hours. 3.7 stars out of 5.

"Don't tell me what to do Granny...Cause I'm not a Child any more..."
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews