Slumdog Millionaire - (Slumdiggitydog Zillionaire)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Slumdog Millionaire - (Slumdiggitydog Zillionaire)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 25th, 2009, 6:42 pm

Due to all the Oscar nods and the Golden Globe win, I felt I just had to see Slumdiggity Dog Millionaire to see what all the fuss is about. As it turns out, there is a reason for all the fuss.

Slumdog follows our hero, Jamal Malik, not to be confused with Art Malik, as he attempts to win one million dollars on the Indian version of Who wants to be a Millionaire. With Regis Philboy gone, the show gets much more entertaining. Anyway, there is more to the story than just the show and at the heart of the story is a love story. I won't give too much stuff away since that's how I went into the theater. I didn't research much into this film and I didn't ride the wave of hype and it turns out, it was worth it. It truely is one of the better films of 2008 and it probably will get some Oscars.

As I understand it, this is the film to beat like a Buki when it comes to the Oscar race for best picture. Dev Patel who plays Jamal is a good actor, even his younger versions are good. Danny Boyle from Trainspotting fame has an eye for visuals and he films this one on location in Mumbai (of Bombay) for those stus out there. Danny doesn't hold back from showing the slums how they really are and it makes you sad to see people living like that. Makes you also not want to go to India as well. What would Gandhi Gee think of India today. Anyway, good job Danny. Some of your other films I didn't quite get but all are visually stunning.

I highly recommend this film for those of you who like good story telling. The story, at least for my woman and I, kept us interested and entertained like good stories should. It looks like the Oscar race is on. 4.45 stars out of 5.

Host of "Who want's to be a Dumb Ass": Alright Jamal. Tell me. Which gay 80's band sings the song with the following lyrics....Tell me tell me... How to be...A Millionaire.. is it A. Pet Shop Boys, B. Erasure... C. ABC...or D. Depeche Mode.....
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 7th, 2009, 12:13 am

Ell, we saw this last weekend, we both liked it a lot.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews