Revolutionary Road - (Revolutionary Chode)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Revolutionary Road - (Revolutionary Chode)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 19th, 2009, 7:46 pm

While down in Tuscon this last weekend doing a ghost investigation at the Historic Hotel Congress (Report will come on later), we went to a theater that was actually playing Revolutionary Road, the new Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio vehicle.

The movie has already won a golden globe for Winslet which she deserved but I think DiCaprio deserves some recognition too. Now onto the movie. The movie is slowly paced and directed by Sam Mendes of American Beauty fame. Like American Beauty, Sam strategically places red through this film. Unlike American Beauty, I thought this film was a little slow and at times uninteresting. There are parts that are good like when ever the deranged Michael Shannon comes on the screen and splits the Wheeler family further.

Dicaprio plays a man who isn't sure of himself and what to do with himself while Winslet plays his wife who is opposite. Fights ensue along with drinking and smoking which was common in the 50's. As it turns out, this couple probably wasn't made for each other and in the end, pay for it.

That's all I will say about the story. I did check my watch during this film which is never a good thing. The performances were all good and there was even some boobage although not enough to bring the movie to greatness. The main problem I had was that the story was kind of dull and slow. My woman liked it so maybe this is oriented more toward women. I don't expect to see this get best picture nods although it might get some acting ones. I give it 3.75 out of 5 stars. Probably one of my least favorite Mendes films. hea.

DiCaprio - "Hey. You remember that scene in Titanic where we Oates in the back of that car right?"

Winslet - "Yes"

Dicaprio - "Well there is a car out back that looks just the same and I wouldn't mind oatesing right now....hea"
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews