Marley and Me - (We're Marley and Marley...WOOOOOHHHH)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Marley and Me - (We're Marley and Marley...WOOOOOHHHH)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 4th, 2009, 1:17 pm

The first movie of the new year, (that will be counted toward 2008 reviews) was Marley and Me. The movie is based on a book by John Grogan, who is played by Owen Wilson, based on his true life adventures with his dog Marley and his family.

(Spoilers)
His wife, played by Jennifer Aniston, gets a surprise one day when Owen decides to buy her a dog so they can see what it's like to have responsibility and take care of something. Essentially, baby prep. So they buy a lab and name it Marley. Trouble ensues with the dog tearing up everything in the house, I would of killed the dog by now. Finally Jennifer has a baby and things get stressful. Marley almost gets evicted but the family comes together and live their lives. I wont give too much away, but lets just say that buy the end of the movie there was not a dry eye in the theater, including mine. Yep, it's that touching but not in the Michael Jackson eeeheee way.

The movie is not a bad way to start the new year but nothing Oscar worthy. Owen Wilson is looking old, and I can't look at him in the same way since he tried to commit suicide. Jennifer Aniston looks good and nips out though most of the movie but Kathleen Turner looks terrible. She plays a dog trainer and she is almost unrecognizable. Let's just say she needs a diet. Anyway, enough of the Hollywood gossip. I give this film 3.5 stars out of 5. If you love dogs and have a lab, this one is for you. Hea.

Owen Wilson trying out for Dances with Labradors.

Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston trying out for Attack of the Police Butts.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews