Yes Man - (No Mam)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Yes Man - (No Mam)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 21st, 2008, 1:48 pm

It's been a while since my woman and I went to a movie. Jim Carrey's new film called Yes Man seemed like it might be funny and worth watching. I did go into the theater expecting to see Jim Carrey be himself.

Well the good news is, for those of you who like seeing Jim Carrey play Jim Carrey, this one is for you. The bad news is, for those of you who are tired of seeing Jim Carrey play Jim Carrey, this one is not for you. I'm somewhere in the middle.

The movie is about Jim Carrey who just divorced his wife and sits at home all the time doing nothing and not wanting to go any where or hang out with friends. Things change when he goes to a gay seminar where you are supposed to say Yes to everything. His life changes and he meets the very watchable, and pretty if I may add, Zooey Deschanel. She is soft to the eyes and makes you want to say Oates! Anyway, if you have seen the previews, you know where the story ends up.

The story is pretty formulatic and you can pretty much guess what is coming after a while. It is entertaining and funny at times but just don't expect any new ground braking from the Carrey Comedy crowd. I give this movie 3.75 stars out of 5. Not bad but nothing to special.

One of Jim Carrey's fantasies came true in this film, to be locked in a cage with Zooey Deschanel.

Old man: "Tell me i'm a better man. Tell me I lived a good life. Tell me I eearn...earnned this...."

Carrey: Dude, wrong movie and please use some tic tacs.

P.S. One side note, Jim Carrey is looking old. We had to sit in the very front of the theater since Harkins Sucks and they stuff their theaters as much as possible. You could really see the Jim's age at that close and the boogers in his nose.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews