W. - (Dumbaya)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

W. - (Dumbaya)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 26th, 2008, 9:09 pm

Last night, after a relaxing day of swimming, put-put golfing, getting a massage and eating in Phoenix, my woman and I decided to catch the late night show of W. Seeings how it wasn't showing in Flagstaff, it was a good thing we did.

W. is Oliver Stones take on the 43 president of the United States of America, George W. Bush. Oliver Stone does an honest recreation of his live from Bush screwing up in Texas and not living up to his fathers expectations, to the white house when the Iraq war started going to shit. The movie has an outstanding cast with Josh Brolin playing W. to a T. Josh even managed to get the little sly winks down and all the mannerisms Bush usually does. The rest of the cast including Elizabeth Banks as Laura Bush, Toby Jones and Karl Rove (shouldn't this guy be in jail?), Jeffery Wright as Colon Powell, Richard Dryfus as Dick Cheney, Thandie Newton as Condi Rice, Scott Glen as Rummy (Dummy), and a guy that looks like George Tenant , and the always good James Cromwell as George HW Bush.

Even though I can't stand the man, W. takes a look at Bush's life that we wouldn't think Oliver Stone would would do. It gives George a soul which he appears to lack when hes screwing our country over. It does show that the guy has ambition, but no brains or sense to go along with that which is a deadly combination. In the end, we are left with a man who can't live up to his father's career and a dream that never was. Unfortunately, for the US, unless we vote for the Real Change, and not the fake change John McCain is promising, then we will still be stuck in the nightmare Bush and his cronies created. We are going to be paying for his mistakes in blood and treasure for a long time anyway, but our country needs a new direction.

Ok, I will get off the political stump. W. is a good movie but not great. It has it's moments where it feels long or dragged out but for the most part, it is entertaining. Because of that, I give it 3.8 stars out of 5. I wouldn't mind seeing Oliver do a follow up movie to this about Bush in his later years where he is balding and takes over the country of Chad starting WWIII which leads into the UBSTUdios movie WWIII.

That saddest thing about GWB being president isn't about what it says about the Presidency and what he did to screw up the country, it's about what it says about us, as American's who put this man in there in the first place.

The good thing about he Bush presidency is since his presidency was such a failure, he set the bar pretty low. Which means it can't get much worse than it already is...or can it?
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » November 6th, 2008, 5:29 pm

Well, thanks to millions of Americans, there will not be a third term of GWB.

I thought the film had a few slow moments, and some of it was hard to understand, yet I guess GWB is hard to understand in the first place.

Josh Brolin is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors, and it seems like Elizabeth Banks is in every movie this year.

I give G"W"B 3.4 stars out of 5.

Not the best from OS, but certainly not the worst.
I still like Talk Radio better.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews