Sex Drive - (Sux Drive)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Sex Drive - (Sux Drive)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 19th, 2008, 10:27 pm

After a weekend of studying for the PE, will finally take the test on Friday, I needed to relax. What better way to relax than to see a comedy movie. Sex Drive has been getting some good reviews on papers I have seen and my woman was interested in seeing it. And so we went.

(Minor Spoilers)

Sex Drive focuses on Ian's quest to get laid. Ian is a typical teenager at 18 who is a virgin and has a best friend who is a chick magnet, although I don't know why, he treats most girls like dirt. Anyway, Ian meets some hot babe in a chat room and after the babe decides to invite Ian to drive from Chicago to Knoxville for some wild oats. So Ian and his BFF, hot chick named Amanda Crew, and his friend Lance. They take Ian's brother's GTO and drive it across country. Ian's brother Rex, played by the show stealing James Marsden, finds out his bro stole his car and goes off on a pissed off chase to get it back.

The movie kind of starts in the same line as American Pie and, I must admit, the beginning scene did remind me of that movie. The movie starts off OK but never really gets going until the trio of friends hit the road. As you can imagine, they have a bunch of crazy things that happen to them on the way so Ian can get his Oates on. The cast is pretty funny, including Seth Green as the sarcastic Amish guy.

The movie was a good entertaining comedy. The people's characters were pretty well developed for this kind of flick and they seemed to have a good time making the film. Any time Marsden is on the screen, it's real fun to watch. If you liked American Pie (without the hole in the pie) or Suberbad (without the F-Bombs) you will probably like this movie.

I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars. One of the better comedies of the year. Now, I look forward to seeing the Tragedy movie called W.

...Yea, I highly recommend this movie to the children....wait a minute! This isn't the right movie!

Yea, I know it looks ridiculous, but this scene is actually quite funny. Hea.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews