Wanted - (Wanted...Buki for Beat!)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Wanted - (Wanted...Buki for Beat!)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 17th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Yesterday evening, my woman and I went to the cheap seats, that's right , 2$ a ticket and $1 for popcorn and pop, to see the movie Wanted. A couple people at my work saw it when it first came out and said they really like it. I like James McAvoy (The Last Kang of Scotland) and if there is a chance to see Angelina Jolie nude, then i'm there. It never hurts to have Morgan Freeman in a movie too, especially with head shots!

(Minor Spoilers)
So we decided to go. The movie focuses on Wesley Gibson (James McAvoy) who plays a loser who works in a cubicle and has a fat lady that likes to eat and spit food all over him. Not to mention, his best friend is banging his girlfriend. Things change when a guy gets the ultimate head shot on the roof of a building in Chicago and Angelina Jolie shows up to save Wesley from a scary sssshhfffooter guy that isn't Mark Wahlberg or Danny Glover. Actually Danny Glover should have made a slobbery cameo in this film but I digress. Anyway, Angelina shows James to the secret world of the Fraternity, and I don't mean the Sigma Chi kind of Fraternity, in hoc signo vinces. This Fraternity is a team of assassins who do fate's bidding by killing people who fate says need to die.

Wesley learns that his father was a great assassin with the Fraternity who was killed on the rooftop of the building. To avenge his fathers death, Wesley must do some pretty tough training in order to become a master assassin and then to become a master debater...bater...whatever. And so the hunt is on for the scary guy who killed his father.

(End of Spoilers)

I must say, I really enjoyed this movie. In fact I will go as far to say that this movie is this years 300 only with out SPATA and without sweaty beefcake dudes with washboard abs and sweaty jock straps. This is the 300 for assassin movies. The movie is very entertaining with only a few slow parts that aren't that bad. The characters are actually developed (for a balls to the wall action flick anyway) and you tend to root for them, especially Wesley who is just a loser trying to find out who he is. There is some good comedy and some awesome action. This movie has better action than Eagle Eye or Die Hard 4.0 and even though most of it is unbelievable, it is done in a way that keeps you watching and interested. Kudos to Russian director Timur Bekmambetov. The story keeps you interested too up to the ending head shot which is probably the most rememberable head shot at the ending of the movie ever.

The more I think about this movie, the more I like it. I give it 4.2 stars out of 5 and this movie will probably be on my top list at the end of the year. Best action movie of the year hands and balls down. Hea.

Yes, Angelina Jolie is Wanted in this movie. Hea.

Angelina: Don't Look over my left shoulder now, but the man who killed your father is the guy behind me with the watermelon. And he is planning to kill you with it.

McAvoy: Great, That's all I need. Another Kang of Scotland who wants to kill me with a melon.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews