Semi-Pro - (Semi-Suck)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Semi-Pro - (Semi-Suck)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 28th, 2008, 7:14 pm

Last night, my woman and I had the treat of seeing a cheap movie at a theater we had never been at. It's the Prochnow Theater on the NAU campus and tickets are only $2 a piece and drinks and popcorn are free. Which is a good thing since we decided to see Will Ferrel's latest sports related movie last night and I would have been pissed if we paid full price to see it.

Semi-Pro deals with Flint Michigan's ABA Basketball team, The Tropics. Their coach, owner and star player happens to be Will Ferrel. Other players such as Andre Benjamin and Woody Harrelson round out the cast. Now, you would think this would be funny with comedy legends as Ferrel (Blades of Glory) and Harrelson (Kingpin) but instead you get the same old gags you always get in a Will Ferrel movie only this time they aren't as funny and get stale quicker than an exposed ass in the sun. That's not to say there aren't funny points in the film, they are just few and far between. I'm sure die hard Will Ferrel fans will love this but i'm not one of them.

I must give this 2.5 stars out of 5. It would have been worse if we spent full price to see this mess.

The reason why so many locker rooms stink is right before your eyes.

Ferrel: "Alright, if I bounce this ball between my legs and hit your nuts, will you get off my back."

Other guy: "SHeeeeit"
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews