Ghost Town - (Ghost Flatch)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Ghost Town - (Ghost Flatch)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 21st, 2008, 9:53 pm

On Friday, my woman and I decided to treat ourselves to a movie. I kind of want to see Lakeview Terrace but David Koepp's latest Directorial effort, Ghost Town. The movie got some decent reviews (better than Lakeside) so I figured,what the hell.

So we went and sat in front of these teenagers that must of been retarded or just slow because they were laughing during scenes that weren't supposed to be funny. Now onto the movie.

(Spoilers Suckas)
The movie stars Ricky Gervais whom some may know from the British version of the Office (never seen it) who is a dentist who goes into get his rectum checked by the Silver Stallion and finds out that he accidentally died and came back during the procedure. As a result, he can see dead people (sound familiar). And it appears the dead have a lot of unfinished business, especially Greg Kinnear who wants to break up his widowed wife's (Tea Leoni who is always hot). And so Greg Kinnear bothers Gervais until he finally decides to help and in the process Gervais learns how to be a kanger and stuer human being. In the end, they all fall in love and NYC turns into the biggest beatfest ever. Several Mantha's get caught in the cross-fire.

This movie has a lot of things that people have seen before. Think Always, The Sixth Sense, Ghost and Just like Heaven. Now add Ghost Town to the list of movies about people seeing and dealing with dead people. That's not to say that this movie doesn't have it's moments. At times it is quite entertaining but then it can be slow too. Overall though, it was entertaining but int he end, it's just another ghost movie. Not as good as Ghost or Always. I must give this phantom film 3.6 out of 5 flatulent stars. It's worth watching just to see Tea Leoni wash her giant dog in the bath tub. Schweeew I have bad gas right now. Stinky bean burritos.

P.S. Quantum of Solace looks to continue Bond's great run. I will definitely be seeing that movie along with Oliver Stone's W. Gus Van Sant's Milk and Ridley Scott's Body of Lies. I also want to see Ron Howard's Frost/Nixon and Bill Maher's Religulous, David Fincher's The Curios Case of Benjamin Button, and John Hillcoat's The Road. Looks like this season has the potential to be good. Bring em on.

Kinnear: Come Gervais, you know you want to see her naked. Go on and ask.

Leoni: ....and as I said, my contract for Jurassic Park III never said anything about being in water with a white T-Shirt and I......

Gervais: Your right, who is going to want to do me. She isn't interested in me. She still wants that giant Spinosaurous shlong from JPIII.

Leoni: See, in this ancient jar is the script David Koepp wrote for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. He hid it in here so George Lucus couldn't get a hold of it and ruin it.

Gervais: Guess Lucus got a hold of it anyway.

Leoni: Yea I know. He also spilled Taco Bell all over the original script which is why there are so many holes in the script and in the movie. [/img]
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews