Burn After Reading - (Burn After Watching)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Burn After Reading - (Burn After Watching)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 14th, 2008, 9:38 pm

The fall season has started at last and now we can all look forward to more smart films rather than the summer films of explosions, plot holes and shit jokes. It's that time of year when the leaves start to change, football players play sweaty nut sac on live television and the world gets darker sooner meaning fellow DXers rejoice.

This movie actually starts out with some brief DXing so be advised. This is the Coen brothers follow up to last years Oscar winner, No Country for Old Men. This time around, the Coen's attempt an espionage farce with a bunch of talented actors acting like idiots. The plot is rather complicated but at the same time, kind of simple. I know that doesn't make sense but the chief of the CIA can't seem to make sense of it either.

The film has George Clooney, Tilda Swinton, Coen favorite Francis McDormand, Brad Pitt and Being John Malkovich . All of these guys are caught up in a caper so stupid that normal people would be offended. It's almost like there are idiots running the country and these guys are just part of a huge game. Wait a minute!!! Idiots DO run the country. I think the Coen's made this movie probably to make fun of the current intelligence situation. But I digress.

This is not the Coen's best film. If you want to see greatness, watch Fargo, Raising Arizona, The Big Lebowski or No Country for Old Manthas. This is somewhere below those films. That's not to say I didn't enjoy myself. There were times when it was truly funny but then there were slow parts as well. There were parts where it seemed like the Coen's for a laugh but the joke fell flat and it looked a little embarrassing. That being said, my woman thought it was really funny and at times was the only one laughing in the theater.

But like I said, this is the beginning of the Fall season where smart movies come out and this is a smart comedy about stupid people. I give this a flatulent 3.3 stars out of 5.

P.S. The previews look promising, A couple movies I would like to see are Milk, Body of Lies, and some other film I can't remember.

Pitt: "You know, after I burn this Coleflatch CD, we should download some UltraFlatch and rock out with our..."

McDormand (offscreen): "You betcha. Now how about a good ol' game of ballwars?"

Clooney: "Remember in Michael Clayton where you hated me?"

Swinton: "Yea, I'm sorry about that. After watching the movie and realizing how boring it was, I felt sorry for you."

Clooney: "Thanks for changing your mind. I think your hot when your mad and you were hot in Michael Clayton. Speaking of hot...DUTCH OVEN TIME...Umm ah ha ha ah ah.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » September 21st, 2008, 12:31 am

Ell, Im looking forward to the new Bond movie. That should be pretty cool. I recently saw the new Stiffy Allen movie Vicky Christina Barcelona. Was pretty funny and saw Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansson's tits. Also being filmed in Barcelona I recognized half the places they filmed having been to those locations last year. hea hea
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews