Pineapple Express -(Pineapple Butt)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Pineapple Express -(Pineapple Butt)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 12th, 2008, 5:06 pm

Pineapple Express is the latest from the Judd Apatow machine who brought us such over-rated (in my humble butticus opinion) films as 40-Year Old Virgin, Knocked up and Talladega Nights, to the semi funny Dewy Cox story to the real funny Superbad. Needless to say, I think the guy has talent for sure (who else can be involved in so many comedies over the past 5 years. The guy is a machine. That being said, I think his latest film (he produced not directed) isn't his best film.

The Pineapple Express deals with three pot heads played by Seth Rogen, James Franco and Danny McBride who get caught up in a drug gang war between a Chinese gang and a Rosie Perez gang. Things keep on going wrong for the heroes and the movie jumps between comedy and balls to the wall action. Actually, probably not balls to the wall, but an attempt to do so. So was this a good film?

I was kind of disappointed. There were some generally funny moments when I did laugh out loud but then there were times where I couldn't tell if I was supposed to laugh or not. The action is ok but nothing you haven't seen before (Spoiler)except you don't see Rosie Perez getting smashed by a flying car anywhere else). The story is kind of stu and at times I kind of became bored with the film. I guess I just didn't connect to this one. I must give it 2.75 stars out of 5. Go and see Tropic Thunder although even that one wasn't a shiner. I guess there are no real funny comedies this year. Hea.

Franco: "Oh my god, Peter Parker is dorky dancing in the middle of the road buck naked!"

Rogen: "Watch out don't hit him. You will kill Spidey!"

Franco: "Kill Spidey....and get to boink Mary Jane! It's pedal to the metal time!"

Rogen: "Something smells a little toasty and like ass at the same time."

Franco: "You're killing me smalls, your killing me."
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews