Harold and Kumar Escape from Plot and Funny

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Harold and Kumar Escape from Plot and Funny

Postby Kaing of Kaings » May 4th, 2008, 1:25 pm

The second Harold and Kumar has come and been seen about a week ago so as I try to piece together what we saw, let's just say it isn't like going to White Castle.

My woman and I had some mild anticipation for the next installment of Harold and Kumar. While he first was genuinely funny in parts (with some stupid parts in between) the second seemed like it should be a sure fire hit with Neil Patrick Harris reprising his role as himself. This is not the case.

This time, Harold and Kumar are going to Amsterdam just where the first film left off. These two pot smoking idiots do something really dumb on the plane and get sent to Guantanamo Bay because now the GWB government thinks they are terrorist. As the title suggests, they escape and go on an adventure to reclaim their name. Recycled gags and jokes return as does NPH who thinks he is the poon king.

This movie wasn't as funny as the first one for two reasons, the jokes are recycled and get old and there is an overtly racists guy in the FBI who the directors tried to make funny but it just turned out not to be that way. There were people in the theater laughing and I have to admit I laughed a couple times too. But it was mostly a forced laugh, not the kind that comes naturally like when your brother records farts on his phone and plays them back. Anyway, my woman and I were disappointed. This is probably the first disappointment of 2008.

I give this movie 2 out of 4 stars. It gets stars for some NPH scenes and a bottomless party (even that wasn't too funny but the bottomless stuff was nice.)

Kumar: Oh my god, you just flushed the script down the toilet. Why did you do that Harold?

Harold: That wasn't the script to this movie. There is no script for this. That was the script for Superman Returns. Remember, the one where you played a bad guy?

Kumar: That had a script?

What would NPH Do? He would sign on to Starship Troopers 3, Klandathu's Montezuma's Revenge. Then we would truly know where the bugs get their intelligence. Would you like to see more?.....
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews