Don't Say A Word (Don't Say URGAY)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Don't Say A Word (Don't Say URGAY)

Postby TheStuboy » February 7th, 2005, 12:39 pm

NETFLIX REVIEW - Freddie Farz Jr.

Don't Say A Word (2001) stars Michael Douglas, Sean Bean (the bad guy in Golden Eye and that one guy in LOTR) Oliver Platt (who was last seen in Simon Birch) and Shawn Doyle (the scary guy in Frequency.)

In the film Michael Douglas (who is scary in any role he plays because of his voice and his facial expressions) is a psychiatrist whose speciality is with adolescents. He is working with all sorts of patitents until his daughter gets kidnapped. Now Nathan Conrad (Douglas) must find his daughter, but here's the catch, his kidnappers are making up the rules and he has to follow them and get to the objective by 5 pm or his daughter will die.

Nathan has to get a number out of one of his patients and this is what the bad guys want. This kind of reminded me of the third Diehard, only this film was done much better. I'm not going to give away the end, you'll have to watch it yourself.

Overall, I was very entertained by this film, I recommend it for anyone who likes psychological thrillers and movies with scary guys in it (especially sean bean and the guy from Frequency.)

This film seems to rely more on story and characters than it does fancy special effects and cut throat Ridley Scott in your face butt filming (whom didn't direct this thank god.) I give it a lot of credit for doing so. Also the cast was a plus and the acting is pretty good (except for Sean Bean at the end was kind of dorky but what can you say.) Oliver Platt had a short part and he kind of stumbled through at times. The story is pretty original (other than it's ties to Diehard With a Vengence) and thats also a plus in my book.

In Netflix star style, I give this 4 out of 5 stars.

Freddie Farz Jr. Netflix member since 2005.
Now its off to watch Ramblow I. Both Kill Bills are in my queue for the end of this week and next week.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 20th, 2005, 12:12 am

Schweeew...just had to get that out of the way. Anyway, I just watched Don't say URGAY and I thought the movie was alright. I didn't think it was as clever as some of the gags in Die Hard Three and I dont necessarily know if it's better. I isn't better than Breakdown which is probably the KANG of kidnapping movies althought Britney Murphy is hot. Sean Bean plays his usuall methodical, i'm going to kick your ass acting style or the i'm going to steal the ring from Frodo acting style and Michael Douglas is always a scary guy. Although he gets to wake up next to Cathrine Zeta Jones every morning so he can't be too scary in real life if he's married to that. Anyway I thought the movie was ok but we never got to find out what happened to Oliver Platt. Did his girl friend actually get kidnapped and if so, nobody resolved that story. Or was he working for the bad guys who liked to listen to Coleflatch and smell their own farts?
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » April 23rd, 2005, 10:22 am

I think Oliver's girlfriend did get kidnapped, but I agree, I'm not sure what happened to her. That would require a sequel called "Don't Say Oliver Platt."
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews