Oscar Night Reaction - Can you Blow It.

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Oscar Night Reaction - Can you Blow It.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 25th, 2008, 9:37 pm

Watching the Oscars while having a three way conversation with Stu and Dorky has become an unsung tradition over the last couple Oscar shows. It always seems like their TV signals are ahead of mine so I always hear the winners before the people on the TV announce them. Anyway, last nights Oscars were no different.

During last night's three way conversation, it came up that this years Oscar show was boring. After thinking about it today, it was rather boring and probably the most boring Oscars I have seen in a long time. This was the lowest watched Oscar show ever and I think there is a reason, everybody at the Oscar show was constipated!

Thats right, this years bloated fart fest was same oll shiieet and even Jon Stewart was kind of lame. Of course the writers strike just ended but hey, they had a week to prepare. Does it take that long to come up with funny jokes or skits. Open comment to the Academy, bring back Billy Cristal. He is the only one who can make the show watchable with his skits and his acts. And for the love of God, the next time a Disney live action musical comes along, DO NOT NOMINATE ANY OF THE SONGS. I was so tired of seeing Enchanted music (even though Amy Adams is totally hot, shhwing) that I started getting up and doing other things. I am glad the Once song won even though I have never seen the movie. And another thing, let the winners do their speeches. Don't cut them off after 15 seconds. This is their time to thank everyone for their hard work. You end up looking like senseless assholes when you cut people off.

The Academy didn't really have any surprises except for Tilda Swinton winning for Michael Clayton and The Bourne Ultimatum winning three awards including editing. It now appears Hollywood and the Academy have a thing for Stuboy filming and editing. I still think it sucks and don't know why other movies didn't get awards. Bourne 3 was better than 2 and probably 1 but when you can't tell who is fighting who or the editing is so chop chop, why give it an award.

I was a little ashamed that Sicko didn't win best documentary although I'm not surprised it lost. I just think Sicko is an important film (Not that the others aren't), and I would of liked to see Michael Moore go up there and rip Bush or Hillary a new one.

As for the big categories, no surprises here. I do think No Country for Old Men is a good movie and probably deserved best picture. I had no clear front runner this year and if No Country or There Will Be Blood won, I would have been happy. The Coen Brothers needed their day and they certainly deserved it.

Juno, while as sweet as a smelly baby's butt, wasn't Oscar material in my opinion. I haven't seen Michael Clayton or Atonement so I can't properly give two cheeks up to either until I see them.

They should of had Into the Wild in the best picture category along with Sean Penn in the directors category. Speaking of Into the Wild, why the hell didn't the Academy nominate any Eddie Vedder songs off the sound track. I think people would rather sit through his songs than anything from Enchanted. They should of had There Will Be Blood's original score in there as well.

Anyway, this was a pretty boring ceremony. Nobody laughed at any of Jon Stewart's jokes, the actors were looking for that stick of dynamite to relieve themselves of constipation. The only funny things that happened were when Collin Farrel and John Travolta almost ate shit on stage.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » February 26th, 2008, 9:44 am

I agree with Stu on this one, this Oscars ceremony wasn't the greatest I've seen in years. I think one of the major faults was lack of time to prepare thanks to the writers strike, although you'd think a week would be enough. Also, trying to speed the show up doesn't help either. Some of the funniest moments in the past happened when the show ran long, like Billy Crystal used to say. I don't know about anyone else but I am not a fan of the whole best nominated song category. If anything slows the show down, its the musical numbers. It seems to me that from everyone else I know that watched it, they did something else during the musical numbers. Even Naked Gun 3 made fun of this fact, if the bomb went off during a musical number, not that many people would have been hurt since thats the time when people in the audience go to the bathroom or get some turtle food from the concession stand in the Kodak Theater.

John Stewart is funny, don't get me wrong, but this isn't the right venue for him. He belongs on the Daily Show, where his true talents shine. At least we weren't forced to watch Ellen or Chris Rock, those were the worst Oscars of the 21st century.

I also agree with stu, we need better hosts. Here is a list of people I'd rather see host the Oscars, bring back the way I remember them to be:
Billy Crystal - Nobody can top him.
Whoopie Goldberg - Even she can carry the show fairly good.
Robin Williams - If he had decent material, I can see him carrying a show.

Glenn Beck may have been right when he said this was the least watched show in the past couple of years, but he's a douche bag otherwise, especially how he said nobody saw any of the movies at the show, are you fucking kidding me?

I found it funny when he started talking about Purina dog food. I wanted to call him and tell him no dog eats Purina dog food, just to prove a point, he's a moron.

I give this Oscar show 3 stars out of 4.
Spielberg wasn't even there, thats a bad sign.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews