I AM LEGEND - (I AM BORING)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

I AM LEGEND - (I AM BORING)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 1st, 2008, 2:44 pm

The second movie seen over the break was I am Legend. To be honest, I didn't really have much interest in seeing this movie in the first place. By my bro and my woman wanted to see it so I went along and we saw it at the lovely flatulent Rock Springs theater.

*Spoilers*
The Will Smith vehicle started off actually pretty good. We begin to understand that all humans except Will Smith are dead or diseased and evolved into badly CGIed golums who aren't looking for a ring, but blood. The movie focuses on Smith's and his dog's daily activities which include hunting deer, broadcasting and DXing on all AM frequencies, forcing his dog to eat veggies and masturbating. This all goes fine until one of the bad CGI people get smart and trap Smith. It all goes down hill from here and so does the audiences attention.

The second half of the movie gets slow and the plot kind of becomes kang. The special effects for the infected people looks crappy and fake and the ending scene where Will Smith flys over the NYC on his own power and drops the cure on all the bad guys is completely gay. One of those things I just said is true.

The acting is ok but overall, I just left the theater saying, "Ok, that was boring" The movie started out with so much potential and then blew it in the second half. I guess this is a remake of The Last Man on Earth and Omega Man which all have cool concepts but it seems Hollywood likes to rely on cheap thrills and boring plots. It's amazing this film made as much money as it did (Beating the LOTR movies openings). That doesn't seem right. Oh well, I give it 2 out of 4 stars. Could of been better but ended kind of stu.

Smith: "I knew this was going to get bad. I knew it. When I saw the budget for CGI and the script on this film, I knew I had to evacuate everybody I could. Thankfully, my car could only fit my family. Quick get out of NYC before bad CGI takes over everything.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews