The Kingdom - (The Kangdumb)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Kingdom - (The Kangdumb)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 28th, 2007, 7:33 pm

The Middle East has gone too shit. Thanks to peoples extreme beliefs and willingness to press those beliefs at all costs, the birthplace of civilization has officially gone to shit. Oh yea, it doesn't help that almost every country in the middle east sits on a big reservoir of oil or that our president has no brain . It especially doesn't help that our vice-president is pure evil incarnate and has every intention of driving us into another unwinable war with Iran. But I digress.

The Kangdum starts off with a terrorist attack on a US compound for oil workers in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Before you can say, oooh shit, a crack pot team of FBI is sent to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to investigate the murders of many US citizens, not to mention two FBI agents. The team is led by Jamie Foxx, who along with Chris Cooper, Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner. They are led by a Saudi Arabian Colonel who is played by Ashraf Barhom. He is undoubtedly the best actor in this movie. The rest of the actors just stand around and sweat in his presence. I don't want to give too much away but the story evolves into a cat and mouse game with the guilty terrorist and the FBI squad. It ends on a thoughtful note about why we are in the middle east and why we will probably always be there...until the oil dries up of course.

I liked the beginning credits of this movie because it went into the history of how Saudi Arabia came to be. The ending action scene was good too and beats anything I have seen in Bourne movies. The more I think about it, the more the Bourne movies are over rated. The first book was awesome compared to the movie. Damn it, I digressed again. The director, Peter Berg, did a good job staging the action scenes.

This isn't the best movie of the year nor is it the worse. If you want to be entertained and learn a little thing or too about the middle east and why they hate us over there (don't forget, we are supposed to hate them too), you should watch this movie. What this country needs right now more than ever is knowledge of what is going on and not ignorance like the stupid president and republican talk show pundits would like you to believe . We can't solve this middle east crisis down the barrel of a gun. Anyway, I give this movie 3.4 stars out of 4. Not a bad job Peter Berg! (I like his movie "The Rundown" with the rock too. Hea.

After his "Jarhead" stint in Iraq with Jake Gylenhaal, Jamie Foxx took all Muslims a little too personal. Here, he uses his bad ass stare to blind the unsuspecting Saudis into submission.

A shot from when Jennifer Garner tried to crawl up Ben Affleck's mouth to kill the bad breath left behind after flops like Gigli, Paycheck, Daredevil, Pearl Harbor, Bounce, Jersey Girl and most importantly Jennifer Lopez.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews