3:10 to Yuma - (3:10 to Flagstaff)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

3:10 to Yuma - (3:10 to Flagstaff)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 8th, 2007, 9:41 pm

Just got back from seeing 3:10 to Yuma so here is the low down. 3:10 stars Russel Crowe and Christian Bale and the bad ass Ben Foster. The movie focuses on Christian Bales journey to take the outlaw, Russel Crowe, to the train station in Bisbee, AZ so Russel can go to jail in Yuma for killing millions of innocent people and for fighten around the world with tugboat. The only problem is, Russels gang, led by his right hand man Ben Foster, is out to save Russel from the gallows at all costs.

The story does have its slow parts at the beginning but once it goes, it goes pretty good. The tension at the end builds up to, what I thought, was a pretty cool gun battle. What I liked most about this movie though was Ben Foster's character because he is not only a bad ass in this film, he is a ruthless bad ass who kind of looks like my cousin. As mentioned on other movie sites, he kind of steals the show from the two leads. Anyway, he plays a good psychopathic cowboy.

I like a good western once in a while and it has been a while since a good one has came out. My favorites are Pale Rider and Unforgiven, Butch Cassedy and the Stuboy Kid Trials and The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean. The recent, Open Range movie with Kevin Costley and Robert Duvall was ok but I like this one better. That being said, it isn't as good as my two favorites but as far as westerns go, this is in my top ten. I hope this revitalizes the western genera but not too much that it ruins the genera (see what happened to the Lord of the Rings genera).

Anyway, I give this 3.5 stars out of 4 and not a bad start to the fall movie season.

Christian Bale: "Ok, so which of the two weavels do I shoot?"

Russel Crowe: (Offscreen) "The lesser of two weavels you dope!"

Damn. Riding this horse 24/7 is sure rubben me raw down there. I think I could use a bottle of Head On.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » September 9th, 2007, 1:00 am

Ell I saw this the night you saw it!

I just got back from the 9:05 showing at my favorite south salt lake theater.

The film, equipped with a trailer for the inevitable Saw 4, was, to put it bluntly, "very entertaining."

I agree with Kaing that there has not been a good western lately, if at all, since the genre practically died out with Dances With Milos way back in 89. Here is your revival though, a well made, action packed, fightin' around the world flick with some bad ass cowboys who don't puss out like others would.

Yes, Ben Foster looks like a cousin I have too, are we thinking of the same one Kaing?

Anyway, as I was saying, Hollywood hasn't produced a good western for years. That one with Kevin Costner that came out not too long ago was terrible, and there were some pretty bad ones made years prior, but the question now is, thanks to this film, are westerns coming back? If they can make them like this film, I'd like to think so.

Christian Bale, and his stu (two) kids, and hot wife all do a fantastic job of acting, and at least in this movie you can understand what Bale says, unlike Buttman Returns. Russel Crowe is a bad ass fuighten round the world duded up cowboy that rocks any sac that sees this film. His gang is cool too.

Question, who was the doctor guy, I swear I've seen him before.
Also, look out for Luke Wilson, poor guy got no long part, oh well, he a bad man anyway.

3:10 to Salt Lake gets 3.6 stars out of 4 from me. Great way to spend a Saturday night with all the shieeets and homies in South Salt Lake.

Bale: "Ever Dance Butt Naked in The Pale Moonlight?" Oops, wrong script, er, yeah, gettun offun my ranchun.

Having full knowledge of what happened in Blazing Saddles, Dan Evans (Bale) still ate Beans prior to enjoying a nice camp fire. One of his possie passed out moments later. (Or was it Russel Crows gas that killed him).
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » September 17th, 2007, 11:14 pm

Ell, does that guy look like me or something? Do I have another doppelganger out there?
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » September 17th, 2007, 11:49 pm

Thats who I originally thought the guy looked like. He does look a bit like you Leeroy, however I think stu is talking about our other cousin Brian. I could be wrong.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews