Reign Over Me - (Bore me Over)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Reign Over Me - (Bore me Over)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 1st, 2007, 1:22 pm

Last night, we went and saw Reign Over Me. From the previews, it looked like a totally different movie than what we saw.

Reign Over Me stars Adam Sandler as a man who lost his wife and kids in the attacks on September 11, 2001. His friend played by Don Cheadle runs into him on the street. They were college roommates and they haven't seen themselves for years. So now they like to hang out and stay out late to have a good time. Sandler has trouble dealing with his loss thought and flies off the wall several times in the movie.

Essentially this movie is about the grieving process and how it effects everyone differently. It is not a comedy and a rather serious movie with some parts that may make you sad. I have to admit, my eyes did get watery at several occasions, however, most through most of the movie, I was struggling to stay awake.

The movie drags in many places and seems to lose it's pacing. As a result, I checked my watch a couple of times to see when it would ever end. It finally ended and I felt tired and drained.

The movie has some good parts and some good messages but it couldn't keep my attention. Maybe I has some form of ADD but it seemed like others in the theater were getting restless. The acting was pretty good for both the leads, especially Sandler who can do a serious role every once in a while. You really do feel for him and his situation and I don't think anyone except those who did lose loved ones on that day can understand what goes on in Sandler's head.

Overall I give the movie 2 stars out of 4. It's not a terrible movie buts not the best either. Parts of the movie were straight out boring. It's in that stage of movie limbo where three years from now, you probably wont remember it.

Liv Tyler: "Oh my God, that camera man is trying to take a picture of my legs."

Sandler: "My IPOD keeps on playing Aerosmith's "Love in an Elevator" over and over again. Does that mean I should be Stinken it up as I'm going down?"
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews