A Night at the Museum - (A Dump at the Museum)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

A Night at the Museum - (A Dump at the Museum)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 31st, 2006, 11:40 pm

After Christmas, my dad, bro and I decided to go and see a movie. Seeing how nothing else seemed interesting, we decided to see A Night at the Museum. Staring Ben Stiller as a dorky dad who can't seem to hold a job and is holding out for a managing position or something. He needs to find a job so his son wont think he is a loser. Ben reluctantly decides to take a job as a night watch man at the Museum of Natural History in New York.

(Spoilers) There he meets, Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney and the Jubilee black guy. They tell him to read some shitty instructions but of course Ben doesn't listen and ignores them. The shit hits the fan when the Tyrannosaur skeleton comes to life and reenacts the Jurassic Park, "Must-go-faster" scene. Pretty soon all of the museums inhabitants including the hot Sacajawea whom Teddy Roosevelt has a thing for. I guess I would too if I worked at the museum and the Sacajawea came to life. Ben also has a thing for the hot counter working girl at the museum who also has the hots for Sacajawea. It's a nasty love triangle that I would like to be caught in.

Anyway, little Octavius and little Owen Wilson keep on fighting each other until they join forces to save the day. The miniature dudes were pretty cool and I always wanted to have little guys that come to life when I was little. Especially my plastic army men. Oh the battles...Anyway, the movie ends in a spectacular conclusion that ends much like Jurassic Park did when the T-Rex made the "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" sign fall down.

I give this movie 3.25 stars out of 4. It wasn't Ben's best or funniest but it's Robin Williams' (as Teddy himself) better roles in a long time. Props to Sacajawea and the hot counter girl played by Carla Gugino.

When Ben Stiller has back problems on set and needs a chiropractor, he just gets Attila the Hun and his hea friends to do all the work.

Even Ben's baby blues couldn't save him from the wrath of the miniature Owen Wilson and the in coming train.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » January 1st, 2007, 3:18 pm

I give this movie 3.133 stars. This proves that the critics, according to whoever gave this film 1 1/2 stars, can be wrong at times, and you shouldn't always take their word for it.

I thought the movie was entertaining and the acting was pretty good. I also like the characters as they seem pretty realistic. I like Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt, and Owen Wilson and the Octavios guy did well too. It was pure entertainment, something good to see rather than a pos movie like Crappy Feet.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews