Stranger than Fiction - (Kanger than Friction)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Stranger than Fiction - (Kanger than Friction)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 3rd, 2006, 8:37 pm

Yesterday, my woman and I decided to treat ourselves to a movie. We decided to see Stranger than Fiction staring Will Ferrell, the beautiful and oates inducing Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Queen LaQueefa and Emma Thompson (who still looks hot when she is her age), and Tom Hulce whom you may remember as Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Amadeus. I actually don't remember seeing Tom in the Movie a but he plays some Doctor.

Anyway, the movie revolves around Will Ferrell's character Harold Crick whom happens to live a boring tedious life as an IRS agent until he hears the voice in his head. The voice is narrating ever thing he does and it turns out to be the voice of a very popular yet reclusive author played by Emma Thompson. Harold gets tired of this and one day the voice says he is going to die. This leads Harold on a race against time to find out who the voice is and how he is going to die before it is too late. Things begin to change for Harold though as the story progresses and he starts to learn some important lessons in his life. He also likes Maggie too and wants to oates.

The movie is kind of a dark comedy with a serious undertone in it. It is funny some times but through most of the movie I was trying to look for the symbolisms or the meanings behind what was happening. It does carry a life lesson with it and it is interesting to find out how Harold is going to die. I wont give away much more but I thought Emma Thompson was the best actor in this movie.

Overall I found this movie entertaining although it did have its share of slow parts but they weren't extreme Capotelike slow parts. I thought the acting was good (especially Emma) but Will Ferrell seemed to have the same expression throughout the movie. I don't know if that was the point but I did notice it too often. It's a good movie to watch on a rainy day. I give it 3.15 stars out of 4.

With Maggie Gyllenhaal in the back ground, Harold Crick wonders if he should go in there and ask for some oates with those cookies or just walk away and be a stuboy for the rest of his life.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews