Hollywoodland - (Hollyboreland)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Hollywoodland - (Hollyboreland)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 21st, 2006, 11:52 pm

Well, Stuboy made a prediction about Hollywoodland and he was write. It is boring. Not the actual dumpy city of Hollywood but I bet that could get boring too after awhile. I'm talking about the Adrien Brody and Ben Aflack picture.

Hollywoodland tells the story about the famous man who played Superman back when my dad was just a kid. His name was George Reves (played by Ben Aflack) who committed suicide. Actually, as the movie presents and what happened in real history, some people think George was murdered. Adrien Brody is a private detective who works for Hall and Oates. Every time he does an investigation he has to listen to Hall and Oates recordings and sing "Hall and Oates...their watching you...they see your every move.." Anyway, the story follows Adriens obsessive journey to uncover the truth which leads him to some powerful Hollywood elites like Elton Gomps and Leeroy Turtlehead. Everybody is a suspect but he can't seem to prove a thing.

Things take a turn for the worse when Ben Affleck puts on a Superman costume and flys around farting on people and innocent children. Things also get boring. Don't get me wrong, the movie does have it's momments, but they are few and far between. Acting is good from Adrien and Affleck but I really didn't buy Diane Lanes character. Affleck actually won an acting award in the Toronto Film festival and I must say, this is his best acting since Good Will Hunting. But the movie kind of runs out of points and steam before we ever get interested as an audience.

The movie focuses on Brody's character and flashes back to Superman every once in a while. In the end, we are left with a, ok, what was the point moment. Maybe i'm stu but that's how my woman and I saw it. Overall, I give it 2.65 stars out of 4. I don't think this movie is Oscar worthy except for maybe best actor (Brody) and supporting (Affleck) if nothing else better comes out this year. I must say, Hollywoodland hasn't made really any good movies since I remember. I never thought I would say this but i'm starting to get burned out on movies.

Affleck: I am the Lothario of Farts and am the gangster of thieves...

Lane: Oh you silly goose. Is that how you woo all of your women?

Affleck: No, it's true, I am the Lothario of Farts and the gangster of thieves. Every time I talk to a girl, I get really nervous and start farting. Then I usually steal something from them like their last roll of Rollaids and I eat them to prevent a nuclear melt down in my pants.

Lane: Que Romantico!!!!!

Affleck: Look lady in the yellow dress...This is menu is congratulating me for being the best Ben Affleck look-alike in the restaurant. I don't see you holding one and you don't look like Ben so there.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » September 22nd, 2006, 1:16 am

Thats because your in your mid 20s stu, you've now become a statistic. All of my film professors tell me to wait till I'm 27, I will not have an interest in movies as much as I used to.

I say they're gay if they think that, but we'll see.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

I don't think Its stagnation

Postby Kaing of Kaings » September 22nd, 2006, 11:12 am

I don't think it's stagnation, I think its that Hollywood doesn't make movies like they used to. The storys aren't as gripping or its the same story with different actors. I know if I was in my teens I might think a little differently about the movies out today but I sincerely believe that the Quality of movies made today aren't as good as those in the past. Thats not to say there wont be some movie that blows me away in the future. It's the tallent and story involved that draws people in.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » September 22nd, 2006, 2:34 pm

You're absolutely right that hollywood's latest product basically sucks compared to what it used to be. I wonder why that may be, other than the same story told with different actors and remakes up the ying yang.]

I have no intention of seeing this film simply because of Ben Aflak.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » September 22nd, 2006, 7:13 pm

Most movies suck today, cause everyone has lost their creativity, or every kind of stu kang movie has all ready been made. All you see today is sequels, or movies based on a book, or movies based on older movies. Hollywood needs to stop being so kang and start producing movies that are original or based on stories nobody has heard but should hear.

Maybe you will stop wanting to go to see movies when you get older, but I cant say for sure. Im not a good example because Ive never gone out and seen that many movies cause I always thought most movies are pretty kang to begin with.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews