Meet the Fockers (Meet the Fock-Faces)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Meet the Fockers (Meet the Fock-Faces)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 23rd, 2005, 7:41 pm

A week ago, I was inspired to go and see Meet the Fockers cause it was the number one movie and Stuboy and Wa and Hea have seen it. I saw it and here is the shitty review. (spoiler)

Meet the Fockers is whats going to happen when my Chinese wifes (The one from Rambo 2) parents come to meet my parents. The only difference between the movie is that my dad is not a house dad, my mom, not a sex therapist, and the encounter is guaranteed to be more flatulent. Oh, and I never scored with a Mexican Nanny and had a UR MY Child.

The movie starts off where everything is going right for Gaylord Focker. His wife is nice looking, and possing in Playboy this February, he is getting all the breaks, and his name is Ben Stiller and he is married in real life to the hot chick thats in Zoolander and was in the Brady Bunch. Anyway, Gay goes to his fiancé's parents, the Burns, played by Robert deNero and the mother of Laura Dern. From there, they embark to the Key West Islands where the Fockers live in a super duper CIA, stupid ass Travel America RV.

Once they meet the Fockers, all hell breaks lose. Once again, Gay is out of the circle of trust and has to lie and act his way out of embarassing situations. The movie does have its funny parts, and I found myself laughing and flatching more than once in the theater. However, it was pretty predictable at times. Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Streisand were funny as laid back, grenola eating, hippie parents. DeNero and Stiller were also funny too. But once again, I thought the movie was a little too predictable at times.

Overall, I would give it a solid 3 stars out of 4. While not as original as the original, it did have its moments, and I just know it will happen to me some day when I bring my woman from Tokyo's parents to meet mine. Hopefully, she still rove me rong time.
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews