The Devil Wears Prada - (The Devil Wears Poohada)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Devil Wears Prada - (The Devil Wears Poohada)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » July 4th, 2006, 10:11 pm

Hey Kid...Never dance buck naked with the devil in the pale moon light....I just like the sound of it....

Well, I just got dragged to see The Devil Wears Prada by my woman who insisted on seeing this movie after she found out it had Stanley Tucci in it... actually I was dragged but the rest is not true. Anyway, the story revolves around Anne Hathaway who takes a job as Meryl Streep's assistant at the prestige Runway Magazine which sells clothing for anorexics and gay men.

It turns out Meryl Streep is a real bitch and the only thing she cares about is making everybody else do the work so she doesn't have to think. And so the pressure is on Anne to buy some Starbucks coffee, pick up some Calvin Klein underwear, and PT all the Kang writers of NYC. Along the way, she sells her soul to the devil and in return she gets to PT all the guys in NYC at parties and buy expensive bags to hold all of her shit. In the mean time, Stanley Tucci who plays a kang fashion person gets caught up in these whirlwind events and begins to speak kangly while giving our heroin advice. All the while, Meryl plays the bitch.

Does this story sound interesting to you? It actually does have some moral revalence in todays fake plastic society. Essentially, according to fashion and the people behind it, you have to be rail thin, starve yourself, have a shitty personality, like fake materialistic things, sell your soul and wear Calvin Stuboy's new fragrance, "Puff - The Essence” to be a real person in this world. After all isn't that what everybody wants. Oh, you have to wear clothes that look stu too.

Anyway, enough of the rambling. I give this movie about 2.5 stars out of 4 because it was somewhat entertaining but predictable as most chick flicks are. Did this movie make me feel any gayer after walking out? Ummm, just a little but I think that kangness was there before. Hea.

Meryl Streep's farts are usually pleasant, friendly and have a nice ring to them, but on that day, anyone who walked behind her was in for a surprise. They wouldn't last 50 seconds without some kind of fresh air before they passed out and corpsed. Anne and Stanley were Meryl's next victims.
Last edited by Kaing of Kaings on July 4th, 2006, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

P.S.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » July 4th, 2006, 10:12 pm

P.S. Where is Stuboy's review of RV?
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings