OSCAR REACTION....Can U Dig it.

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

OSCAR REACTION....Can U Dig it.

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 6th, 2006, 12:20 am

Actually no I can't. I saw the movie Crash and I didn't think it was on the same caliber as Brokeback Mountain or Munich. Capote just sucks so I'm glad that didn't win anything except best actor, Phillip Seymour Hoffman who is a gifted actor. Paul Giamatti got snubbed again...poor guy, and I haven't seen Walk the Line but I think Reese deserves her golden statue. I'm glad King Kong beat out the others for Sound and Effects. I don't know why Rachael Wise keeps on winning for The Constant Farter (A true story about Stuboy). She is a good actress but I think Michelle Williams deserved it this time. Ang Lee one and rightfully so but once again, we have a 1998 situation where Saving Private Ryan wins best director but loses to the piece of shit Shakespeare in Love.

Once again, the Academy shows that it is stu and will give best picture to the movie that campaigns the most and gives the most money. Brokeback was my clear favorite even though I haven't seen Good Night and Nice Butt. Oh well, I guess the Academy didn't want to endorse a Kang movie because they are Kangophobes. I am starting to think the Oscars are a waste of time and money anyway. I sure hope you make it to the Oscars Stuboy. You have to make a good movie first that doesn't star two Kang cowboys. Hea.

"I would like to thank the Academy for not Recognizing such fine work as Melonhead Vision and all the people who made the movie what it was. I am going to take my imaginary Oscar and play with it. I will let Cartman bite it as well."
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » March 6th, 2006, 10:06 am

I couldn't agree more. We had yet another 1998 situation with these oscars.

I also thought John Stewart was a bad pick for host. He will not be back next year.

I figured a big twist was in store as well. This was confirmed way at the beginning of the show by the announcer, when the academy members were walking by. I sincerely believe that the academy members are either just plain stu or are homophobes. I would put my money on the second one. Didn't Midnight Stuboy win an oscar for best picture? That was about kangness wasn't it?

No wait though, this is almost fourty years later. We can't accept kang people anymore. We can't win best cinematography because we lose to Memoirs of a Gay Movie.

Brokeback was snubbed at the Oscars, in almost every category it was supposed to win in. I agree about Rachel Weiz. She shouldn't have won that. The girl that looks like Jennifer deserved it more.

Oh well, if Hollywood continues on it's trend of crappy Oscars (see 2003 to present) I will not watch them next year.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 6th, 2006, 9:19 pm

I agree Brokeshlong got shafted, I have seen Crash and it was a little unrealistic as far as I was concerned. People are racist, but they do not play to the extremism of the stereotypes the movie creates. People keep their racist thoughts to themselves, they dont go shouting the N word and doing whatever they want to other people because they hate other people so much. If a white cop groped a black woman, the white cop would be fired and go to jail, people wouldnt just have to pretend like it didnt happen. Anyways, how can a movie with Brendan Fraiser win any award other then a razzie, that guy is the worst actor ever! Brokeshlong probably didnt deserve the best acting awards which it didnt get but it did deserve best movie. I believe lots of the oscar voters refused to see Brokeshlong because they are homophobic.

As for the other awards, I havent seen Syriana or Walk the Line but I will soon, I assume George Clooney and Reese Weatherspoon deserved the awards as they were the favorites. As for PSH winning the best actor, I havent and wont see Capote, but for his kang performance in hessian nights, he deserved best oscar.

Seems as though the oscars feel they need to reward all movies so they give an award here or there to each movie so that no one feels left out, they dont really take into consideration which movie was actually the best. Though as Ive always thought, the oscars are kind of rigged, if they want someone to win an award they will.

And as for Stuboys comments on Jon Stewart, I agree Jon Stewart will never be back to host the awards, but it wasnt because he wasnt funny. Its because everyone in Hollywood is a hypocrit and cant even laugh at themselves when he says something that is entirely true about them. Like those assholes dont have enough $ and pirating movies is really taking bread off their table.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews