Date Movie - (DUMB Movie)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Date Movie - (DUMB Movie)

Postby TheStuboy » February 22nd, 2006, 6:05 pm

What the hell were they thinking when they made this? Did they suspect a comedy making fun of a comedy would work, as the guy who plays hitch in this movie says "Hell No!"

I just got back from seeing Date Movie at the crappy theater downtown, which I have just vowed to never go to again, thanks to asshole staff, but thats another story.

Anyway, Date Movie stars Allison Hannigan (American Pie series), some guy with a crappy british accent, and Tony Cox, the little guy from Bad Santa. It was written by 2!!! of the 6 writers of Scary Movie 3, there is your first hint about the quality of this movie.

I'm not going to warn you about spoilers given how crappy this movie was...

We begin with a crappy spoof of My Big Fat Greek Wedding, in which the only funny part of this film is present, the old lady and her cats that she beats. Next we are taken to a parody of Hitch, only Hitch is Tony Cox, who happens to be a tiny guy. Then all of the sudden we are taken to a parody of that super gay MTV show Pimp my Ride, in which Allison is getting pimped, and if you've seen the previews you've seen the movie. Next we Meet the parents, which honestly isn't all that funny and indeed ruins Meet The Parents and Fockers, quite a bit, simply because this bit was done the worst.

Then, as the previews show, we meet Jallon or J-lo, some pointless character with a big ass. Big deal. Then we have a parody of a number of movies and the imfamous Carl's Jr commercial (see preview). This part is all gay, and no story, like the rest of the film.

The movie then follows with a mishmash of still more spoofs, from Wedding Crashers, to Cast Away. They are all done miserably. Thank god the movie ended.

I came into this movie with good expectations about what I've been hearing but I guess I should have taken a look at the IMDB page first. 2.9 out of 10!! WOW, that has to be the worst rated movie I have ever seen on IMDB, and for good reason, this movie blows goats. No worse, its not funny at all and the jokes and spoofs are very lame and seem to be crammed one right after the other.

I am glad I didn't take anyone to this film, it wouldn't have looked good on my part to bring someone to this P.O.S.

1/2 stars out of 4 for breif mantha beating scenes and a pooping cat. \

Please take into consideration who the writers of this movie are and why it ultimately failed. That reason being, people are sick of seeing stupid toilet humor gagds and horribly done spoofs of movies. I could have done them better, honestly come on!

I do see this as a trend in Hollywood however, starting with Scary Movie 3. Famous directors, like Jerry Zucker (Naked Gun) have lost their touch by trying to do too much at one time. This film seems, like I said, like a mishmash of several different spoofs gone wrong, and on top of that, aren't that funny. Sure Hollywood's target audience here was teens whom they think have no brains in their heads, and love fart jokes, but people are smarter than Hollywood thinks. This is the reason this movie failed. Too much at one time, and bad writing to blame.

The previews before this film are fair warning that Hollywood is once again producing shit (quanity) over quality. Whatever happened to the good old days when comedy was done right. Look back to the Naked Gun series. These films have got to be one of the best written comedies in recent decades. Thats because each gag has a purpose, and isn't simply put on screen for laughs. Go back to your roots Hollywood, for your next comedy. Right now you seem to have your head up your ass.

"Do you think this will hurt our careers any?"
"You know, I don't know what the hell this scene is supposed to spoof, but it sure seems out of place in this film"
"Yeah your right, its like every other scene in this movie"
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews