Capote - (Capoowee)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Capote - (Capoowee)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 12th, 2006, 7:35 pm

Oscar season is upon us and as usual, I like to see the Oscar nominees before they hit VHS and before the Oscars so I can see whether the Academy's vote is good or if they are going to vote for the worst pick (I.E. Shakespeare in Love).
http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/screenr ... capote.jpg
So I've seen Crash, Munich, Brokeback Mountain, and now Capote. Good Night and Good Luck is the only one I haven't seen and thats coming to the mall in March. Anyway, now onto the review...zzzzz....zzz...

Capote stars one of the most gifted actors today, Phillip Seymor Hoffman who plays the title role of Truman Capote. Truman is a real life writer who wrote Breakfast at Tiffany’s and In Cold Blood. The movie focuses on how he wrote “In Cold Blood” and became obsessed with the killers who murdered a family of Four on November 14,1959 in rural Kansas. Capote's best friend is the lady who wrote To Kill a Mockingbird and some stiff actor who is always in shitty movies. Anyway, as Capote becomes more and more obsessed with the killers, he becomes more and more delusional.

Now take that story and turn it into the slowest and most boring peices of celulite I have seen in a while. While Phillip Seymor Hoffman does an excellent job doing Capote with the hea accent and all, the movie is BORING. I checked my watch about five times and couldn't wait for it to end. OMG it was so like BORING. This is one of those movies that you really wonder why the Academy picked for best picture. This makes the slow part in King Kong seem like the Tyrannosaur fight scene in King Kong...It’s that BORING. It even makes the ending of Munich look like War of the Worlds during its good parts. Its only purpose to me was to make you want to fall asleep and I almost did.

While the acting is good, I just can't in good conscious think of any reason to say go and see this film. Unless you are into Artsy Fartsy you will probably think this is a good movie to take Nyquil to and pass out and dream of a world without this movie. Oh well, enough of the bashing. I give it 1.75 stars out of 4 and hope I don't have to watch it again. Kudos to Phillip Seymor Hoffman though, he is still one of Hollywood’s best today. HEA.

PSH: Loser...Loser....Loser...hey you wanna kiss...loser...move it on.

Catherine: Oh come on Phillip, this isn't Twister, and your not playing the same character you did in Boogie Nights.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » February 16th, 2006, 1:41 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I TOLD YOU SO. Thats why I didn't want to see this movie, because the subject frankly is BORING.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews