Reminiscence (Flatch-essance)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Reminiscence (Flatch-essance)

Postby TheStuboy » August 22nd, 2021, 4:03 pm

Here's a short review of the HBLOW Maux viewed film Reminiscence. It stars Huge Ackman, and Rebecca Ferguson ahh. It also has an Art Malik guy you've seen before but can't remember where. Hint: Die Hard 4 or the first season of Fear TWD.

Reminiscence is a combination of Inception, Minority Report, Blade Runner, and boring film noir movies from the 1950s. Huge Ackman plays a detective who works at a futuristic company that allows stus to replay their memories for a fee. They get to relive them while stuck in a Minority Report like tank. Well, pt'er Rebecca Ferguson comes by to find out where she left her keys, and Hugh gets obsessed with her, because who wouldn't. Oates ensues (PG-13 oates), and then the plot takes a hard right into mystery and boring suspense. Hugh has to figure out what happened to Rebecca because reasons. It eventually leads to the Art Malik dude who in true Art Malik fashion, gets what's coming to him.

So my thoughts are this: the film is inconsistent, has bad acting, and is sluggish. I generally stopped caring about the plot about halfway through and was just waiting for it to end. I like Rebecca Ferguson and Hugh Jackman is generally better than this but the movie is bogged down by inability to go anywhere. Its all over the place. There are laughably bad scenes like the shootout in the bar. I kind of wished I would've skipped it. Thankfully I didn't have to pay to see this in the theater. It might be someone's cup of tea but it wasn't mine.

The visuals were okay and its interesting to see what Miami and Nawlins are going to look like with global warming. That said, its a lot of CGI, and generally cartoonie. About 3/4 of the way through the film my idiot hermit neighbors turned on their sewing machine because there was a pointless action scene with a lot of grunting.

I kept wishing the movie would end. It took forever to get there. The ending ties the beginning together and I guess it kind of made sense in an unnecessary convoluted boring way. It had several false endings too, which piss me off. If you're going to end a movie, end it. Don't go oldbawls Hugh Jackman floating in his shit on me and expect me to care.

I give the film 2 stars out of 5. Should've been a hard pass.
My bad.
Prrrrt... blub blub blub. Shhweeu
What is this? Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews