A Quiet Place: Part II (A Loud Flatch: Part Poo)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

A Quiet Place: Part II (A Loud Flatch: Part Poo)

Postby TheStuboy » June 22nd, 2021, 10:23 pm

So I just got back from AMC 16 Coon Rapids, where the latest assortment of movies in theater includes one you can watch on Disney, and one you can watch on HBO Maux. Also Back to the Future, if you want to see a 36 year old movie on the big screen. Also playing here is a Chris Rock movie getting turd reviews, an animated horse movie and Rabbit's Peter 2, and the Fake Conjuring, Mantha Made Me Do It. That, plus the movie Melanies saw: Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard's Wife's Sister or something. And a movie that some Somalians went to see called 12 Mighty Bostones.

It was good to be back at the theater, complete with idiots who talk during the film and use their cellphone to find change to buy a popcorn while the previews are going. Warning, spoilers might be ahead. Just go to the theaters and see this. Or don't and spoil it. Spoiler.

A Quiet Place Part II picks up right after the first one left off, with a lead-in that was quite well done. The film stars Emily Blunt, Cillian Murphy, and John Krasinski for a few minutes (spoilers). As I said, the film has one hell of a lead-in. It's also full of callbacks to the first film, which I don't' remember being all that great. Maybe a second viewing of that film would change it.

The story moves forward as the band of survivors branches out from their home in search of something, running across Cillian Murphy again and his ever scary happenings. This is one of a handful of Hollywood pictures that uses radio to help move the plot forward. There's actual DXing in this film. Without spoiling it too much, a radio station is involved and Djimon Hounsou gets sucked up because he's stu.

I found the best part of this film to be the sound design. It was a delight to hear things from a deaf person's perspective, as well as the monsters themselves. The sets and locations were awesome too, and although the story is a tad predictable, it's fun none-the-less.

I tell you what, I wouldn't survive in this universe. One fart in the morning and I'd be a goner. I have a bad tendency (or at least used to) of waking up farting. Or, I'd sneeze or something and face the wrath of the scary teeth monster. On still another note, this film reminded me of several levels of The Last of Us (PS3/PS4), and Last of Us Part II (PS4). Particularly the Clickers. They hear you make noise and hunt you down (and throw your ass in jail) aye sir.

This film is the first movie in theaters since COVID that had the biggest weekend opening, and it's currently the fifth highest grossing movie of 2021. Considering the shit that has come out this year (and last year for that matter), its not surprising this one did well. This movie was supposed to come out in 2020, and was shot in 2019 when Trump was still president. Note to the studios: STOP RELEASING MAJOR MOVIE SHIT ON STREAMING. Start putting movies back where they belong - ON THE BIG SCREEN. This movie was meant to be seen on the big screen with an audience full of morons who talk during the film.
I give A Quiet Flatch Part II two cheeks up, and 4.3 stars out of 5. It's a fun ride with a couple slow parts followed by intense scary parts.

Emily Blunt has the same expression throughout the entire film. She always looks like she smelled a bad fart. I'm sure John farts and she likes it.

Throughout the film, the main characters are followed around by scary large heads in the clouds.

Now to broadcast scary noises on DXFM 94.1 - Somewhere beyond the sea. Somewhere waiting for lee! SHHUUUUUU AHHHleeeAHHHH HERE WE GO AGAIN!
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews