Ready Player One (Ready Player Own)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Ready Player One (Ready Player Own)

Postby TheStuboy » April 18th, 2018, 2:22 pm

Ready Player One certainly doesn't feel like a Spielberg film, even though as my brother noted his presence is all over this. From his establishing shots to his sense of humor injected in to everywhere, you can still feel it. That said, the film was surprisingly better than I thought it would be. From the previews I was questioning whether or not the film could be entertaining and set my bar low. My bar was raised and the film was very entertaining. The whole story seems plausible minus how ridiculous the technology will become in about 27 years. My god... in 27 years I will be in my 60s. Old balls. I can guess that if our society becomes so detached to itself by that point I will definitely be one of those get off my lawn people. I would love to see pizza delivery by drone though (pissa and fries). There are several sequences that stick out the most for me, (spoilers) the race, the final battle, and the Stanley Kubrick Shining sequence. The references were not too much in your face that it was a problem. The callbacks to Spielbergs earlier films are welcome. Of course Back to the Future takes the cake and I will never tire of seeing a delorean. While some of the scenes may be a bit over the top as far as "there's too much going on", it isn't that bad. It's not as busy as say The Lego Movie which hurt my eyes. I enjoyed the story, the action, and the references. What's not to love here. Maybe I'm not so old balls after all. Get off my lawn. Darn entitled generation that sits on their ass. Kids these days are so lazy :P 4.5 stars out of 5. Easily the best film I've seen this year.
In the Oates-asis you can do anything you want... or anyone.
Especially her.
We must away to Planet Doom so we can play sweatynutsac with the oinkers, boasters and old Ashmacka.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews