The Best (and Worst) Movies of 1982

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Best (and Worst) Movies of 1982

Postby Kaing of Kaings » January 19th, 2017, 11:12 pm

As we get smaller in years, the movie numbers also get smaller as I didn't watch as many back when I was say...2. Although there were 3 classics that came out this year including two with Steven Spielberg's involvement (E.T. Director and Poltergeist (Producer and rumored director). You can definitely see Spielberg's master hand in Poltergeist. 1982 also saw the release of Richard Attemborough's, Gandhi which is a classic in it's own right and 11 years before Richard started creating dinosaurs from DNA for Spielberg. Anyway, let's count them down.

*=5 Stars
Best of 1982
1. E.T.* - (P.E.T.- Perverted Extra Terrestrial)
2. Gandhi* - (Ooo Mum Sheba)
3. Poltergeist* - (Their Heeeeeeere....Heeaaaaa..scchhuuuuuuuuu...aaaaaahhh)
4. Rocky III - (Rocky vs Mr. T)
5. Tootsie - (Dustin Hoffman fools them all as a lady, even his big nose fools them)
6. Fast Times at Ridgemont High - (Fast Oates at Oatesmount High)
7. Annie - (Tomorrow is only a fart away)

Scene later bastardized in the updated version where Spielberg replaced these shotguns with walkie talkies. I will take my E.T. Straight and Unchanged thank you.

Best TV
1. Family Ties - (The Year the Keaton Family started it all)

Worst of 1982
1. Q. The Winged Serpent - (Q. The Cool Idea gone to Shit)
2. The World According to Garp - (The World According to Barf. Could be the first in a tradition of one bad Robin Williams movie a year.)
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews