The Best (and Worst) Movies of 1986

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Best (and Worst) Movies of 1986

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 2nd, 2016, 12:05 am

As we get smaller in the years, the movies I would have seen would be less since I was a wee child, but not your child unless you are the Wahs. The top two films of 1986 for me ironically have a tie in with the Vietnam War. Platoon is obviously a classic as it was written and directed by a guy who was actually there, in combat (Oliver Stone). The other film was James Cameron's take on Vietnam except for the VC, it was Aliens who were the enemy against the space troopers. Both are classics in their own right and while I won't get to a top 10 this year, the other 4 star movies were particularly strong. Here we go.
* = 5 Stars
Best of 1986

1. Platoon* - (Freedooom...wait a minute wrong movie...Get out of theeeere)
1. (Tie) Aliens* - ( I don't know if you have been keeping up on current events but we just got our asses kicked)
2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off - (Roooneeey)
3. Star Trek: The Voyage Home - (Wooowoo Wooowooo....eeeeuuuu...Sir...There Be Whales Here)
4. An American Tale - (Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moon light...Buckethead is thinking of me...and uuuhhh...he wants to kill me...tonight)
5. Poltergeist II - (Finally we know what happens when you drink the tequila worm)
6. The Fly - (Another body horror classic)
7. Stand By Me - (Stand By Lee)

The last shot of the UBSTUdios Film World War III is a direct rip off of this scene

Bill Paxton steals the show.

Docs:
1. Sting: Bring on the Night - (Sting blows some bluesy farts while recording the excellent album, The Dream of Blue Turtleheads)

The Worst of 1986
1. Ruthless People - (Danny Devito's fart becomes the wind beneath Bette Midler's Wings)
2. Howard the Duck - (No need to explain this one)
3. Maximum Overdrive -(So bad, its a classic of the bad kind. Inspired UBSTUdios movie, Maximum Bow)
4. Legend - (Tom Cruse dances with Tim Curry's scary devil)
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews