The Best (and Worst) Movies of 1993

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

The Best (and Worst) Movies of 1993

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 13th, 2016, 3:13 pm

1993 was a good year overall with 5 classics and many 4 star movies that are great. It was the year I had one of my earliest "religious" experience in the movie theater. The experience was seeing dinosaurs come to life in Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park. The experience of watching that movie changed my life in many ways since then. I was already a huge dinosaur fan since I was very young but after Jurassic Park, I became obsessed with drawing dinosaurs, learning even more than I had before and I began to work on my world famous ;) velociraptor impression that would eventually bring me fame and notoriety in my High School years. I remember going to see Jurassic Park for the second time with the Wah Lady and having her grip me in fear as the T-Rex broke out of it's paddock. The movie inspired so many UBSTUdios spinoffs like Jurassic Kitty which was first a Radio Play done expertly by Justin and then developed into a Poster and VHS (half assed) movie done in the early phases of UBSTUdios. It also revolutionized cinema in special effects. Even to this day, the CGI dinosaurs look real and proves that when done right, CGI can be a useful tool. Spielberg also came out with another powerful movie that year called Schindler's List that I remember watching for the first time a couple years later in High School. Never before had the horrors of the holocaust been realized on the screen as it had in that movie. It is probably Speilberg's chief masterpiece and it deserved the best picture award for that year. So let's count them down. Movies with an * are five star movies.

1. Jurassic Park* - (Jurassic Kitty)
1. (Tie) Schindler's List*
2. Mrs. Doubtfire* - (It was a drive-by Fruiting)
3. Grumpy Old Men* - (Looks like Chuck's taking the old log boat to Tuna Town"
4. Cliffhanger* - (Do you know what real love is Christal? No...Sacrifice...pfffhfh)
5. Tombstone - (You Tell'em I'm coming...and Ballwars is coming with me)
6. Groundhog Day
6. (Tie) Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey - (The Journey of Shadow's butt)
6. (Tie) Free Willy - (Hold Me...like the River Jordan...and I will then say to thee..You are my frieeendd)
7. What's Eating Gilbert's Grape
7. (Tie) Hot Shot's Part Deux - (And then, Suddenly, it happened!)
7. (Tie) The Sandlot
8. Philadelphia
9. This Boy's Life - (This Boy's (Cartman the Cat) Life)
10. True Romance
11. Gettysburg - (I do declare, we are on the far left flank. Remember that boys)
12. Searching for Bobby Fischer - (Searching for Extreme Closeups of Fuzzy Ben Kaingsly)

The Worst of 1993
1. Carnosaur - (Cheep Knockoff of Jurassic Park)
2. Six Degree's of Separation - (Six Degree's of Will Smith's Shlong)
3. Fire in the Sky - (UFO sucks of a redneck in Arizona to probe his bottom)
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas - (Not a fan on the fans or the movie)
5. Sliver - (The Boring Sharron Stone Oates Movie)
6. Leprechaun - (Don't show your wee wee to the Leprechaun)
7. Weekend at Bernie's 2 - (Weekend at Bernie Sanders house)
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews