Syriana - (Raggetianna)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Syriana - (Raggetianna)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 18th, 2005, 10:02 pm

Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to either go shopping at the mall, or see a movie at the mall while my woman went shopping. Since she had to buy presents for me, I didn't think it would be appropriate for me to follow her around the mall looking at my unwrapped presents. Plus, I just don’t like shopping at the mall. And so I went to see a movie and she went shopping.

Now I have never seen a movie at the mall because most of the movies I want to see go to the Harkins Theater across town. However, I must say my experience at the mall theater was one of the best I have had in a long time dispite the wa ladies sitting behind me. Every theater employee was friendly and was like..."Hea...welcome to the theater...hea...would you like some milk duds?....hea" Before the movie started, a sharply dressed guy came out and stated that we were about to watch Syriana....well duh...and that there are some other movies that might be playing their soon...like The Squid and the Whale, Brokeback Mountain and some other movie I never heard of. So anyway the movie started.

Syriana is directed by Stephen Gaghan who also wrote Traffic and directed some movie called Abandon with Katie Holmes before she met her couch jumping fiancé. I have seen Traffic, which was directed by Steven Soderberg, and I didn’t really like it. I know it was supposed to be intellectual and all but I guess I just didn’t get it. As for Syriana, it is the same way. Granted this movie about how America, Oil Corporations and Matt Damon want to keep the middle east poor and in turmoil so we can get our oil is a pretty interesting concept...I mean fact.. America=corporations=greed=need for oil=Middle East in turmoil...lets exploit it=terrorist hate us because we don't give a shit about their country, we just use them for their oil to make us rich.

It’s a pretty complicated story with three stories going at once. In one, a fat George Clooney (Good actor by the way, he needs an Oscar) is a CIA operative who is out to get Vladimir..I mean some bad Arabs is pretty interesting. In another, Matt Damon stars as a guy who wants to get some money...and in the last Jeffrey Wright is an oil company guy who is about to screw someone over....You will have to watch the story for the rest.

Anyway, this is a political thriller and one that I would have to see again to make some sense of it. There were some things that I didn’t understand or catch because everybody in the movie was going..hea..hea ...oil...gwb...yea jebus...hea... Anyway, I give this movie 2 and 3/4 stars because it had good performances but I guess i'm too stu to fully get what’s going on...hea..I'm just your typical gwb I guess.
George Clooney goes "Hea" after he gets caught by the Crimson Jihad.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » December 19th, 2005, 8:36 pm

ell, I saw that kang movie the squid and the whale, its a really bad independent film, dont see it! its about some stuboy who whacks off at school and wipes his jizz on the books in the library.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews