Jarhead - (Jughead)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Jarhead - (Jughead)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 4th, 2005, 7:02 pm

It's 1991, your in an elite sniper outfit for the US Marines. U are a Jarhead, and always will be. So deal with it.............and Welcome........to the SUCK....Hooorahhh.

I just got back from seeing Jarhead and let me tell you....it is one of the best films I have seen so far this year. Jarhead is based on the true story written by Anthony Swofford who wrote the book Jarhead in which the movie is named after. Jake Gyllenhaall plays Tony Swofford, a guy who had nothing else but the marines. Peter Sarsgaard....once again a badass...plays Troy, a guy who just cant wait to get his first kill. And Jamie Foxx plays Sgt. Sykes...a bad as platoon leader who likes to say Hooorahhh.

Anyway, Jarhead is directed by Sam Mendes who did American Beauty and Road to Perdition. I think this is beter than Road to Perdition but I dont think it is as good as American Beauty. However, this movie is good dispite the mixed reviews from other lesser esteamed critics. There are moments when you will laugh, moments when you will feel sad, and moments when you will be like, Ozzy shouldn't have done that.

Based during the 1991 First Gulf War when the first idiot Bush decided to rescue Kuwait, the movie follows Swoffords platoon from boot camp to the war. It has some pretty good visuals throughout and once again the message is War is Hell. This is hands down, the best First Gulf War movie to come out. Three Kings is Kaing when compared to this one. I would recommend Leeroy T.Head and Justin Stuboy or J.Stu. to see this one. I give this about 3 and a half stars out of 4. Possibly a contender for the Oscars but we will see till the end of the year is over. Hoooorahhh.

P.S. I think Jake Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard should get Oscar Nominations for this.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

KING SHLONG

Postby Kaing of Kaings » November 4th, 2005, 7:03 pm

P.S. The King Kong preview was awesome. Look for this to be the flick of the winter.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 4th, 2005, 9:49 pm

Ell, I was wondering if this would be a good movie to see. I guess so.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » November 16th, 2005, 1:10 pm

I agree with Anderson, this movie rocks.

You are a marine in the United States armed forces, your drill instructor is a real dick but you know he means well, you battle your way victoriously through boot camp, but thats only the beginning. Now you must train some more, for desert fighting is nothing like boot camp. Oh yeah, and do remember to hydrate, dehydrate and hydrate some more.

Jake Gyllenhall should be nominated for the best actor Oscar, and his buddy Peter Sarsgaard should get best supporting actor. Their performances in this film were outstanding, the best I have seen from both of them.

The story is gripping at times and funny at others, just everything a good movie needs.

This isn't Sam Mendes' best work, that, like anderson said, goes to American Beauty, but I also believe this was better than Road to Perdition.

Hooraah, says Jamie Fox.

3.5 out of 4 stars

Go see this at all costs, and welcome yourself to the suck!
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 16th, 2005, 9:53 pm

Ell, I heard the desert training parts of that movie were filmed at Twentynine Palms Marine Corp Base which is about 30 miles from where I live.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » November 16th, 2005, 11:43 pm

Yeah, also around Imperial Valley area.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » November 17th, 2005, 11:30 pm

imperial valley not far from here either, got some stations from el centro, calexico, and brawley.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews