Everwood (TV) WB films outside the Heritage Center....SLC...

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Everwood (TV) WB films outside the Heritage Center....SLC...

Postby TheStuboy » October 20th, 2005, 3:44 pm

WE WERE THERE!

Walking to lunch this afternoon I noticed quite a few cars and such parked near the Heritage Center, I thought they were just doing construction, but as I got closer I noticed a sign that said this is a commercial film set, if you wish to be on the show you may continue to walk through while filming as quietly and as inobtrusively as possible, or something to that effect. I walked around figuring I'd screw up a shot or something. It wasn't until I got inside that I noticed that they were filming for the WB TV show Everwood!!!! This show has been filmed all around SLC but mainly in Ogden and in the avenues here, but never has it been filmed up on campus, until now. Ubstudios correspondent Justin Stuboy was there and the proceeding pictures are to prove it. These pictures are copyright by Justin, and may not be taken from this site under penalty of mantha torture and use of applicable laws.

This shot in the show must have delt with the "Everwood Community Center" as they had tacked dorky props all over and yet there are still dorms in the background, yeehaw.
Be Patient these may take a while to load on slower connections. All images were taken 10-20-05 at the Chase Peterson Heritage Center in Salt Lake City Utah on the campus of the University of Utah. No one was bothered by me taking these pictures and alas, I didn't screw up the filming. I might have to start watching to the show so I can say I saw them filming that scene!

The film set as seen from the south, take a look at that sign in the middle. It says Quiet Please, Filming in progress.
The sound trucks (R) and the western part of the set looking east.
A set of extras preparing walk through the shot. The director guy got pissed at them the first take so they did it 3 more times.
As action is called on yet another take, people are still in the shot!!
Now we're behind the cameras looking west at the set and the actors (center) to the right of the second camera. The two security set guys shouted various calls as they came along such as Background, rolling sound, background action (for the extras) and much more. He told me to turn off my cell phone. Little did he know it is a camera.
Change over, a period where they move the entire set to get another shot. Notice the steadycam being carried by the guy in the yellow shirt. Also notice the tracks the second camera is on! Neato!
Some of the props, the pictures and the book drop. This was kind of cheesy if you ask me, but its still a nice job. Those normally aren't there.
More behind the scenes. I see possibly a script supervisor and more sound equipment. Surprisingly they did not use boom mikes to do this shot. Take a look at the letters on the building, it says Everwood Community Center and Library. When I saw these up close, I wondered if people would be able to spot the crappy job they did putting them on the building.
The entire set again from the south, such a big crew for a small shoot, but hey, its TV!

-Correspondent Justin Stuboy. 10-20-05. I wish they would film in the dorms. As I finish this sentence, the entire crew is now gone from where they were. Off to Ogden maybe, or the avenues, or the airport???
Here is pictures (courtesy IMDB.com) of some of the crew and actors I saw working on this shoot:

Gregory Smith - Plays Emphram Brown on the show
Director guy ordering extras around, I saw him up close.

The guy behind the right camera in the pictures above is Bruce Douglas Johnson I believe (don't quote me on that).
The lady sitting in the picture with the tree IS the script supervisor: Suzanne Bingham.

Basically, I saw a lot of crew members. If you know who they are feel free to reply in this forum, it would be interesting to see who was there. Those above were most certainly there. I didn't see Treat Williams though.
Last edited by TheStuboy on October 20th, 2005, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Everwoody

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 20th, 2005, 5:48 pm

That reminds me. I saw Gomps on the Gilmore girls when I was in LA at Leeroys GF's house. It was pretty funny, the main characters saw him as he walked by and said he looked smart because it was supposed to be filmed at Harvard but it was on some Campus in Claremont, CA.

Did you do a walk through stu. You should have, you could of added it to your UBimdb information chart. It would be your break through role as Stuboy #111 with dorky head. You should of gone up to the director and asked him if he needed any assistance.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » October 20th, 2005, 7:56 pm

The props and stuff were left behind. I'm not sure but I think they may get some more shots tomorrow. It is probably a longer shoot than I expected with more intricate scenes. We'll just have to see next week when or if the show premieres.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » November 14th, 2005, 4:03 pm

El, new development, Everwood is now filming outside the education building here on campus and your very own Justin Stuboy is an extra in one scene. I'm not sure exactly which one I'm in but I walked through a live set on my way back from class not knowing they had called action. I got several pictures and even talked to a crew member breifly.

This is a crane that the director was worried about as he walked past me in the education building. The weather was pretty nasty and I assume they couldn't use it in that kind of weather.

Looking west at the set. That building is the education building. I am actually standing where I walked through the set after class and they had called action so I assume I am on film, albeit in the background. Notice the rails where the camera set center frame.

Here is the set looking to the north from the parking lot where my car was parked. This is actually the first picture I took. The camera was still on the rails at this point (the above picture center frame) and they must have been filming the walking to class sequence. I'm still not sure when this episode they are filming will air. All I know is that Everwood is on the WB on Thursday nights.

More updates may come about at a later point, seeing as how this is the primary college shooting location for the show. Maybe I can actually be a real extra next time. I am still adding it to the UMDB.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews