Fartplan - (Flightplan)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Fartplan - (Flightplan)

Postby TheStuboy » October 14th, 2005, 6:58 pm

Flightplan stars Jodie Foster, Peter Sarsgaard, and Sean Bean.

There are certain Hollywood movies that get bad reviews and turn out to be great, and then there are certain Hollywood movies that get good reviews and turn out to be crap... Flightplan falls into the first category, it seems like it got mixed reviews at the box office. I don't see any reason why, unless the critics like movies with no story and only Arnold action, someone tell me?

After watching a million CG (completely gay) previews for whats coming out this xmas, I was then presented with this finely crafted movie, well in spots anyway.

From Yahoo (with my insertions, see if you can find them):
Flying at 40,000 feet in a cavernous, state-of-the-art E-474 aircraft, Kyle Pratt (Foster) faces every mother's worst nightmare when her six-year-old daughter Julia vanishes without a trace mid-flight from Berlin to New York. Already emotionally devastated by the unexpected and totally illogical death of her husband, Kyle desperately struggles to prove her sanity to the disbelieving flight crew including the scary guy (Bean) and passengers while facing the very real possibility that she may be losing her mind. While neither the plane's Captain Rich (Sean Bean), nor Air Marshal Gene Carson (Edward Norton look-a-like) want to doubt the bereaved widow, all evidence indicates that her daughter was never on board resulting in paranoia and doubt among the passengers and crew of the plane. Finding herself desperately alone, Kyle can only rely on her own wits to solve the mystery and save her daughter.

----------------------------------------------------------
The film IS quite the mystery, more like a whodunit? You suspect so many people in this movie you'll be surprised who actually did it, or what happens. I'm not going to reveal any of the story in spoilers because I recommend Anderson and Leeroy to see this film first.

Edward Norton, I mean Peter Sargaard is a methodical actor, much like Sean Bean always is and is indeed in this film. Jodie Foster looks older than usual, but softens up as the movie progresses.

For a brief moment (at least with this film anyway) Hollywood has returned to its better days and actually focuses more on the story and composition of shots (which is brilliant I must say) rather than in your face cannon ball explosions and crappy acting. This film does have an actual, and surprisingly original story, and it is more important in this film than explosions and crappy extras (see Speed for example.)

I only have one problem with this film, how did her husband die? Puleeeese, couldn't they have come up with something more believable? It isn't that important, but still a puzzler.

I praise the studios (Touchstone and Imagine entertainment) for bringing to us a great movie experience. You actually care about the characters, except for the stupid osamas (oops, gave away plot point). I really liked how David Morse suddenly appears in this film, no wait thats not David Morse, thats just a guy who looks exactly like him.

3 out of 4 stars, yay for Hollywood, this is how movies should be made, concentrate on the STORY not on the SHOCK VALUE!

Freddie Farz Jr. 10-14-05

P.S. I took the Trax down to the theatre again (remember the Century 16 SL). Nothing new to report, other than I was standing outside the 2 News studios while they were making spots for their news program so I'm probably going to be on TV just standing there tonight. Hea hea.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Fartplan

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 16th, 2005, 1:51 pm

After spending a day getting Catman some booster shots, having him shit all over the back of my car, and pointing at some black guy that was threatning to pull out infront of me as my girl, Cartman and I drove down the road (He went ooooh shit by the way), my lady friend and I decided to see Fartplan.

We visited with one of my friends earlier in the day and she said the movie was good. Hearing from other people, I heard the same too despite the dismal reviews the critics gave it. And so, we journeyed to Harkins Theater to see FARTPLAN staring Jodie Fostar and Bad asses Peter Sarsgaard and Sean Bean.

As already said by Stuboy, the story revolves around the dissapearance of Jodies daughter on the plane at 40,000 feet above the Atlantic Ocean. I thought the acting was pretty good and I always like seeing Sean Bean (Lord of the Rings, Don't Say URGAY, Goldeneye and other bad ass movies) and Peter Sarsgaard (Center of the World, K19- The Turtle Maker, Shattered Glass, Kinsey and Garden State) act. Peter (whom I don' think looks like Edward Norton) is a bad ass air marshal and Sean is the scary crusty pilot who is on the edge when it comes to dealing with Jodie’s dilemma.

I thought the plot twist was pretty cool and yet I figured out what was going on toward the end, I just wasn't sure who done it until it was revealed. I could of sworn it was the Osama's. That kind of reminded me of when I flew to Washington DC last year from Denver and some Osama's were on board. I thought we were going to die until Peter Sarsgaard told me everything was going to be ok, Jodie was just checking the wiring of the plane.

Anyway, I will give this movie 3 out of 4 stars as well because it was pretty entertaining and it kept my interest for the most part. Look for Peter Sarsgaard in Jarhead (a film by Sam Mendes who directed American Beauty) this fall and Sean Bean in The Dark with Maria Bello....mmmm....Maria Bello aaahahh.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » October 16th, 2005, 2:45 pm

Anderson you haven't been doing your forum duty in recruiting your friends to this board, you're FIEERRD. Psssshshhhhhh ahhhhhhH!!!!
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Oh Yea

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 16th, 2005, 3:11 pm

Oh Yea Stuboy,

Fight....phhh...oooo....aahhh..ooo.aaah...Hit the pass...ooo.aahhh....People...Working...in Pass Gass....Refineries......

Stu, I haven't seen anyone new on here in ages so that means none of us has tried to recruit anybody. SO BEAT.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » October 16th, 2005, 4:06 pm

Post a notice in your office or something, I don't know that many people stu, how am I supposed to promote visiting the forum?
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » October 16th, 2005, 4:43 pm

god your stu, he isnt going to recruit at work, he doesnt want everyone there to think he is kang or anything.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » October 16th, 2005, 5:11 pm

Hea hea, he can tell his girl she can join if she wants, what about your girl, mine joined.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » October 16th, 2005, 9:03 pm

Prob be too dorky for her
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby leeroy_t » October 23rd, 2005, 12:11 pm

Elllll!!!! I actually saw Fart Plan! Anyways, I thought the movie was ok/kind of stu, I definetly didnt think it was as good as you Stus thought. I agree with you that all the twists and shit that go on are cool but I have a lot of trouble finding it believable that some hess air marshal would kill some Wa Lady's husband then know exactly that she was going to fly on a flight with terrorist looking arabs, and feel the need to abduct this Wa Lady's daugther all to convince the police this wa is not only psycho but a terrorist trying to steal 50 million dollars from GWB airlines. If the dude wanted an ass load of $ so bad why did he have to go through the most complicated UBStudios plot to get the money, why didnt he just run an armored car off the road and be happy with 8 million. The twist I didnt predict though Carolyn said she thought that hess air marshall had something to do with it in the beginning. I knew the red headed bizznitch was a bizznitch but I didnt see how she fit into the crime until the end. Anyways, that is the largest plane I have ever seen with a massive cavitiy below containing some weird ass supet computer where Wa girls can sleep in peave without freezing while flying from Berlin to NY. I rate this movie 2/4 stars for being entertaining, but too obsurd to actually be believeable.
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews