Wallace and Gromit - (William Wallace and Vomit)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Wallace and Gromit - (William Wallace and Vomit)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 9th, 2005, 10:14 pm

I just got back from hanging with the Phoenicians (People from Phoenix) after seeing Wayne Gretzky and the Phoenix Coyotes beat the Minnesota Wild. Today, my lady friend and one of her friends and I went to see Wallace and Gromit - The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

According to my lady friend, rabbits can "Get it on" a whopping seven times a day. That is the problem faced with our clay heroes in this claymation of a movie.

(Spoiler)
Wallace and Vomit have a history together. Wallace is a slightly dense, cheese-loven inventor and Gromit is his faithful wise dog who knows how to drive a stick shift and pretty much runs the show. In the land of claymation-ville, rabbits are taking over so Wallace and Gromit must capture the rabbits and beat them before they ruin the annual Vegetable Beatfest. This is where the towns people get together to show off their melons and compare the sizes of their cucumbers.

Things change however when one of Wallace’s machines sucks on him for too long and he pops a major chub. Oh, a rabbit is involved. Anyway, a beast is unleashed on the town and it's up to our clay heroes to save the day.

Wallace and Gromit are not about hunting rabbits (especially in pipes) and eating them for Christmas dinner. It's about books, music, movies. And sometimes, on occasion, its all about the gold.....Overstock.com....Woops I lost my train of thought. Well anyway, its a decent movie. I thought it was pretty creative and imaginative and if Stuboy keeps up his filming and learns more, maybe he can make a claymation too. He can call it Poohbutt and Milo - Curse of the Mantha Musty Butt, about two cats who team up to rid a town of musty Manthas. And Thennn. Beat them in the process.

Anyway, I give this movie 3 and a half stars out of 4 because it is entertaining and even better than some adult movies I have seen lately (I.E. The Interpreter, The Longest Tard, Dead Birds, I Heart Huckabees.....
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » March 19th, 2006, 12:55 am

Well I saw this over Spring Break and I found it very entertaining and cool as any claymation is.

I like the story and the animation was done very well. I still like claymation even in these times of heavy CGI usage. I also believe the voice casting was done well.

The scary (who you have bad Schindler's List dreams about) Ralph Fiennes is the bad dude in this movie, and his woman interest is played by Helena Bonham Carter (Fight Club, Big Fish).

I believe the funniest part in this movie was when the rabbits were getting sucked off that lawn.

Wallace and Vomit gets 3.4 stars out of 4 and I'm glad it received the Oscar.

I hope to see more claymations from Hollywood in the coming years (I might have to wait 5 years because thats how long it took to make this one).
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews