Just Like Heaven (Just Like Ghost)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Just Like Heaven (Just Like Ghost)

Postby TheStuboy » October 2nd, 2005, 11:59 pm

Given that I was in Laramie this weekend to see my woman, and there is nothing better in that town than to see WYO kick the shit out of UNLV and go to dinner at Altitude and then watch a movie, I thought that would be a nice way to spend an evening.

Anyway, Just Like Heaven stars Reese from Terminator, I mean Reese Witherspoon and Mark Buffalo (Buff, Bufffff!) (Ruffalo) in a tale that the previews give away in true Hollywood style.

(SPOILERS AHEAD)
Reese has basically no social life and works as a nurse at the local hospital. That is until one day she is in a terrible accident and is put in a coma. 3 months later Mark Dorky Buffalo arrives and is sick of searching for higuys in San Francisco, until he finds the perfect one. But this apartment is haunted by Reese, who doesn't know she is dead. The race is on to find out who Reese's pieces character really is. With the help of a dorky guy who was also seen in 40 Year old Surgeon, and Napolean Dynamite, they find out who she is, and also find out she only has 24 hours to live. Miraculously, and plotulously, Mark falls in love with the bitchy Reese and vows to bring her back to life.
ENDING
She makes it... and eventually falls in love with Mark even though she can't remember who he is even though he tells her he is the slob who turtles and doesn't flush.

And now, the review.

This movie was entertaining, to say the least. There are a few slow moments where we are left to wonder what happened. It is not much of a comedy by all means. Its not much of anything except another way of looking at the 1989 film Ghost staring Patrick Swayzzeee. I was entertained as I said, but true to how movies are made now adays, its just missing something, a spark to capture my flatulence per se. Its no Ghost at all, Ghost beats this hands down, its no Jurassic Park, the special effects were better in that one. Its no 40 Year Old Mantha, thank god. Its just it's own little confused genre movie that earns 2.7 stars out of 4 for being a good show. Peace out.

Look for the review of Fartplan possibly coming soon.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews