Punch Drunk (Love) Butt

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Punch Drunk (Love) Butt

Postby TheStuboy » September 27th, 2005, 11:34 pm

Got to see this movie this evening for the cinematography section of my intro to film class, and I must say, despite Anderson thinking it wasn't that good of a movie, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. The cinematography in this film kicks ass! The directing is outstanding (expected since the guy who directed it did such films as Boogie Nights and Magnolia (which I haven't seen)).

I'd have to say, I've never seen Adam Sandler in a role like this before, and yes while the beginning takes a bit to get going, Sandler pulls it off well. I also happen to think that that British or Aulstralian (sorry can't spell) girl was nice looking.

The story is quirky, yet its great, totally unpredictable. I like these kind of films and found similarities with Big Lebowski which I watched last Tuesday night.

Also, I'd like to add that Phillip Seymor Hoffman is an underrated actor, he did a good job with his short part. Luiz Guzman hardly even had a part, but he was good too.

3 stars out of 4, well done chaps.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » October 1st, 2005, 11:34 am

While Punch Butt Love isn't Anderson's greatest., its an ok movie. I still think Boogie Nights is his best and Magnolia is a close second. If you haven't seen Magnolia yet Stuboy, rent it. Its a long movie but I think it's pretty good and I just love what Anderson does with the camera and Amiee Mann's soundtrack is one of the best for a movie.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews