Charlie and the Pass Gas Refinery

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Charlie and the Pass Gas Refinery

Postby Kaing of Kaings » July 20th, 2005, 12:32 am

Actually, it's called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and it is Tim Burton’s and Johnny Depp's most recent collaboration. The story revolves around a young boy named Charlie who is the winner of a golden ticket from the contest set forth by Willy Wonka, owner of a chocolate factory with the biggest smoke stack in the world. The golden ticket gets you on a tour of the factory/pass gas refinery and only 5 of them were created in the world.

Now we enter the world of Willy Wonka and his perverted Umpa Lumpas with 4 annoying little shit kids and the angelic Charlie. I'm sure many of you have seen the Gene Wilder film but if you haven't and are somehow unfamiliar with the story, you must of been raised in Arkansas and married to your cousin. I'm just kidding....I meant to say don't read any further unless you like having classic stories ruined for you.

As it goes each of the kids have a talent or a flaw which ever way you look at it. One is extremely fat and likes to eat all he can. One is a total bitch and she gets what ever she wants. One is a total snob and has a mom that looks rather manly to me. Lastly, one is a self proclaimed genius who you would like to smack around for a while. Charlie, however, is a good child and one that I would try to keep as far away from Michael Jackson as possible. Charlie lives in a shitty house down the street from the Pass Gas refinery and he can smell the fumes every night. He dreams of working with Wonka and making the most flatulent recipes ever of chocolate and pass gas.

Anyway, the kids all fall victim to their flaws and the Umpa Lumpas sing a song and do a little dance, make a little love, get down to night, owww, get down tonight....

Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka is CREEPY. He does a damn fine job like he does in all his movies but in this one, he is hard to look at. He gives Willy Wonka the deprived childhood history and ends up kind of like Michael Jackson...without the child molestation thing.

As for the flick, I would say it is entertaining, and I enjoyed it more than Mr. and Mrs. Smith (See review). It wasn't that bad but it wasn't great either. Almost every character did an excellent job acting...Noah Taylor is a cool actor.. (See him as Hilter in MAX and as the Roadie in ALMOST FAMOUS)......and the kid who played Charlie has a future in acting. Anyway, I give this movie about 3 out of 4 stars. One of the better ones I have seen this summer....although I haven't seen anything that blew me away this summer. Look for possible reviews for The Wedding Crashers and The Island coming soon.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » July 20th, 2005, 9:21 pm

Ell, I saw wedding crashers, its a pretty good movie, funny. 3.1/4 stars
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews