Blockbuster is slow, but the movies come unlimited...

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Blockbuster is slow, but the movies come unlimited...

Postby TheStuboy » April 9th, 2005, 12:29 am

I saw Stu Captain and the World of Ballwars from Blockbuster last week, and I must say, I've seen a lot of movies in my time, but this one wasn't a movie. It was one big computer generated pile of poowee. While Jude Law (who plays Gaycaptain) and Gweneth Paltro (Penny I think) were good, the rest of the movie including the completely hilariously gay scenes with Angelina Jolie (whom I can't stand anyways) sucked and made me want to beat a mantha over the phone after hearing her meow.

Hollywood focuses too much on fking CGI now days and anything and everything including whole cities can be nothing but CGI (see gay after tomorrow for example). This ruins the whole film because it still sadly looks fake. Not to mention the over use of CGI is to blame why this movie sucks (if that sentence makes any sense.)

Point is, it was a movie trying to be like a 30s or 40s movie with the look and feel and even the spinning newspapers which were all part of that era of film making, although the films of that era are most certainly better.

I also was able to watch Confessions of a Stuboy mind, which I thought was very entertaining and the main guy who played Chuck Berry (?) did a really good job. That movie also had some slow moments and I believe it could have been too long, but I liked it.

Cocoon: The Return, was also one of the more recent movies I watched. I enjoyed this movie as well, and although it wasn't as good as the first, and was riddled with visible camera and crew (much like Breakdown) it still is a worthy sequel, and a sad movie at that.

But anyway, thats my Review and I'm sticken to it.

Live from Stulesburg (where it is scary lightning and thundering outside right now) Freddie Farz Jr.

*next on my blockbuster list to watch (and I have it now): Open Water.

Alien3 hasn't been available. It has a short wait attached to it. Mean Creek should have gotten here by now, but I'm not sure where it is.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » April 9th, 2005, 1:47 am

Yea, Netflix has been real slow lately too. I only have 9 movies left and when it runs out im going to quit it for a while. I just got done watching the Beverly Hills Cops's 1, and 2 and I should be getting the Crocodile Dundees 1 and 2 and Rocky soon. I just got done watching About Shmidt and it is still a good movie second time around. It was directed by Alexander Payne who directed Election and Sideways as well and so far he has made some good movies.

Yea I thought Captain Sky Dick and the World of Tomorrow was kind of stu too. I agree that CGI is relied on too much and it is starting to look hokey. I especially thought the Angelina Jolie scenes were gay and even Jimmy couldn't save the movie. Cocoon 2 was ok and I have Confessions of a Stu Mind on DVD here. The guy who plays Chuck Berry is Sam Rockwell and he was the mean guy in The Green Mile who was locked up and he also was in Matchstick Men. I think he is a damn good actor and maybe will win an oscar some day. We should definately have him in our movies. I think you will like Mean Creek. It is not a big budget movie but a small and more personal movie. Look for the young Leeroy Turtleheads performance in that movie. He's the one with two gay dads..haaa. Anyway, no scary thunderstorm going on here just some scary wind. Pooh keeps on transmitting pooh morse code so im jamming it with beat morse code.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews