Guess Who? (Guess Who's Stu)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Guess Who? (Guess Who's Stu)

Postby Guest » March 26th, 2005, 1:57 am

This movie (a remake of Guess Who's Coming to Dinner with Katherine Hepburn and Sidney Poitier) starred Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher. The two made a hysterical team!

It's hard to go wrong with the "unsuspecting-boyfriend-meets- overprotective-father" senario. Add in the essential racial tensions, and you've got a promising story.

At times I had to sink down in my seat and cover my eyes because I was so embarrased for poor Simon (Ashton.) --I knew Justin could relate in meeting my dad! (hea hea!)

I don't want to give away any of the plot because I wouldn't do it justice--it is much funnier to see played out on screen. Both Justin and I really enjoyed this movie. I would give it at least three stars. See this if you need to remember the sacrifices we make for each other, and the frustrating/ nerve-wracking/ funny/embarrasing /heartwarming consequences of love.
--------------------
Side Note:

Sitting in the theater in Laramie, during a particularly serious/endearing scene, the film slipped a bit on the projector, and we were able to see the tip of the boom mic (and at times, the whole thing just lightly bobbing a few inches above the actors heads). I'm not sure why it struck everyone in the theater as so funny, but someone started to laugh and eventually the whole of #2 theater was hysterical. (you probably had to be there.)

Again, 3 out of 4 stars, a must see for dates etc.

Viewed by Freddie Farz Jr. and Samantha Coleman WNTW News (aka Jenn). 3/25/05 9:05 PM.

Guess Who is STU

Postby Kaing of Kaings » December 12th, 2005, 9:01 pm

Ell,
I saw this movie with my woman at my womans house over the weekend since there isn't much to do where she lives. It was actually a movie milestone for me cause it's the (Schweeew) first movie I have seen using Pay -Per-Stu. I must say, the cost is almost the same as going to rent a movie and you can watch it all day long.....Not that I would want to watch this movie all day long.

I must say..I picked it because the last Ashton Kutcher film we saw was A Lot Like Love (Awwww) and that movie wasn't that bad. This movie wasn't that bad either except there were times where it seemed corny. Like the scene where all the black wah ladies get together and slam on men. I know the men in the film did some stu things but come on...do they really do that? Also there were times where it seemed like it was supposed to be funny or the director was trying to make it funny but it just turned out kind of stu. Anyway, I give this movie about 2 and a half stars out of four cause it was kind of stu yet not that bad....hea.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews