Flight of the Phoenix - (Flight of the Ji...J...J..Jimmy)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Flight of the Phoenix - (Flight of the Ji...J...J..Jimmy)

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 13th, 2005, 12:49 pm

Imagine you have this stiff pilot named Dennis Quaid. You work at this oil field in Mongolia with Miranda Otto (Hot blond from Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers and Return of the Kaing) and a bunch of other hessians who's only job is to sweat and act stu. Now Dennis comes to pick you up because you are stu and have not found any oil yet. The whole crew and the mysterious Jimmy is on a flight from Mongolia to Bejing for the 15th annual Mantha Roundup and beatfest when your stu pilot decides to fly into a sand storm which eventually causes you to crash.

That is is the premise of this movie and from the Title, you can tell where it goes from there. (Spoiler) Basically, they are all stranded in the desert so they all have to live off of some fat guys sweat as water and cans of Coleflatch to survive. Dennis Quaid figures he is to stiff of an actor to do anything about the situation so he just sits there and keeps his turtlehead face steady. That is till our hero, and vetern UBSTU actor Jimmy (Giovanni Ribisi) says that he can design the plane so it can fly again and they can all fly out of the desert on fart power. So Jimmy assembles the crack team of Hessians and one hot chick to build the jurry rigged plane. The whole cast of extra's can't seem to understand that if you walk out in the desert alone....you will die. Also Jimmy and Quaid get into fights because Jimmy thinks he is in charge and Quaid thinks he is too stiff to do anything. These guys get in fights for the stupidest reasons, like when one guy uses all the toilet paper and clogs the sand pit monument valley or when one guy trys to DX KUGR to listen to Stuboy's weather forecast only to pick up Radio Disney in Chinese.

Anyway, since I gave the story away, I thought this movie was entertaining. Not oscar worthy by any means, and I haven't seen the old one with Jimmy Stewart in it but overall it was worth the watch. The acting was a little stiff and the lines were kind of dorky. Jimmy did an ok job but not as good as Saving Private Ryan or Boiler Room. Quiad hasnt done a non stiff movie since Innerspace and Miranda Otto is nice to look at. I give it about 2 and 3/4 stars out of 4 cause it wasnt that bad.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 13th, 2005, 4:23 pm

Speaking of Boiler Room, Hey Stuboy, do you have my Boiler Room VHS. I dont have it and Wa and Dorky cant find it.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » March 15th, 2005, 11:21 pm

No, for the last time, I don't have it!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Mail Breakdown or I'll beat your mantha.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 16th, 2005, 12:18 am

You beter start beating the mantha cause it may take a while. ha. I just saw Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ahguy Vs. Poowee Lips. Stiff acting and not enought brests and a lot of Shing Moments.

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » March 16th, 2005, 10:48 am

I saw Gay over the weekend finally. It was a good movie, a bit long. He sure liked to get bluegilled on heroine a lot, he also had sticky shlong a lot. But what I will always remember Gay for is his diet pepsi commercials where hes like hea hea hea with some ko sisters.
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » April 13th, 2005, 4:57 pm

I finally saw Flight of the Phoenix and I must say I have never seen so much of Denis Quaid with Turtle face. The cast was awfully stu except for Jimmy. Denis Quaid has super turtle face constantly, and it gets annoying. His acting is also not up to par either, course the shitty script is to blame. Jimmy's character is kind of fruity and I don't particularly agree with his hair color choice. I also felt several pieces of music should not have been where they were. This was the problem suffered with one part of Trip of Chicago that Gomps complained about. The sequence with the nomads was kind of gay and pointless, as was the collage of video which shows the guys turtling and digging monuments.

The movie is stiff at times, especially because of Quaid. It was entertaining, though was made for the stu movie viewer and not the esteemed critic like myself.

Quaid says "We're not garbage, we're people" at the beginning of his heroine speech which kind of reminded me of Independence Day only wasn't nearly as good. What I wonder is, why no one got extremely sun burn in this movie, which would most certainly happen. Thats my factual error of the day...This movie is, "kinda" gay.

2 1/8 stars out of 4 for turtlefaced acting.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews