Alien Vs. Predator (Alien Vs. Predator vs. Freddy vs. Jason)

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Alien Vs. Predator (Alien Vs. Predator vs. Freddy vs. Jason)

Postby TheStuboy » March 5th, 2005, 5:45 pm

We probably haven't seen the last of either the Alien or the Predator after viewing this flick thanks to the new Blockbuster Online rental service similar to Netflix but cheaper.

SPOILER ALERT

This movie reminds me of the first Alien, a bunch of people go to this temple in Antarcitca and find out its a combination of Cambodian, Egyptian, and Aztec building styles. They venture into the temple which is under the ice and guess who also lives in this temple. You guessed it, both the Aliens and the Predator. Actually the Predators came to the planet in the beginning of the film and the Aliens were already there.

So you can pretty much expect what happens next. People start dying from attacks from either of the two species and they eventually kill all but one lone survivor whom befriends the Predator and helps kick alien butt.

This movie wasn't that scary, in fact it was actually kind of cheesy, in a typical sci-fi way. Alien is cheesy, predator is even worse, the two put together get this.

I did think this movie was entertaining though. It has it's cool points (I always thought the Alien would win) and it has its CG moments (Completely Gay). Other than that, it gets 2 1/2 stars out of 4.

Viewed 3/5/05 by Freddie Farz Jr. (BLOCK BUSTER ONLINE RENTAL)
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Hea

Postby Kaing of Kaings » March 9th, 2005, 12:03 am

I would have to say, I saw Ahguy Vs Poowee Lips vs Malade vs Leeroy Turtlehead in the theater when it first came out and I was plesently supprised. While it wasn't scary (I still have nightmares about Aliens though) it was thouroughly entertaining. Of course there isn't going to be oscar worthy acting or cameo's by Bruce Willis but you got to hand it to Paul W.S. Anderson who usually directs stu movies that I have never seen like Resident Evil and Mortal Butt Bash.

As Stuboy already told you, the story starts when GWB finds a Pyramid under the Ice cap (schweeew) of Antartica. He sends a science/military force down there because he thinks Al Queada is hiding in the pyramid and planning on blowing it up. As the teem gets there, they realize that they have run out of toilet paper and have to stop at the Falken Islands to pick up some more.

Once at the Pyramid, they find it's infested with Aliens who have been awoken for the great ritualistic Predator hunt. Now the humans get in the way and pretty much all die except for one chick whom the Predator says "Oatsh" to. Anyway, the battle between the two alien species insues and (spoiler) of course the Aliens are going to win. They have always been more bad ass then predator.

I wont ruin the movie for you since I already have but I would go as far to say this movie was better than Predator 2 with Sgt Murtauh and better than Alien Resurection and maybe even Alien 3. It will never top the Classics of the first Alien or Aliens (still some of the scarest movies I have ever seen along with the Bloob and Candyman). Also Dr Giggles (hope you have protection, shinggggg. eheaaah. Overall I woud give it a solid 2 and 3/4 stars out of 4.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » March 9th, 2005, 12:10 am

Nice to see you back here Anderson, it wasn't quite the same with out your rotating butt platform. P.S. I saw saturn through a 16" telescope Sunday night and saw it's rings, it was totally awesome (and required.) I also saw the orion nebula and Sirius (which has Factory central in First Encounters) through telescopes and the night vision goggles the department has.

Now I want to build my own telescope dome some day like the one featured on the new Ubstudios Astronomy page accessable from the main ubstudios.com page.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews