Oscar Night Reaction.

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Oscar Night Reaction.

Postby TheStuboy » February 27th, 2005, 11:41 pm

Here is the current list of winners taken directly from oscars.com:

ART DIRECTION
THE AVIATOR
Dante Ferretti (Art Direction); Francesca Lo Schiavo (Set Decoration)

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Morgan Freeman
MILLION DOLLAR BABY

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
THE INCREDIBLES
Brad Bird

MAKEUP
LEMONY SNICKET'S A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS
Valli O'Reilly and Bill Corso

COSTUME DESIGN
THE AVIATOR
Sandy Powell

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE (very not surprising)
Cate Blanchett
THE AVIATOR

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
BORN INTO BROTHELS
Ross Kauffman and Zana Briski

FILM EDITING (not surprising)
THE AVIATOR
Thelma Schoonmaker

WRITING (ADAPTED SCREENPLAY)
SIDEWAYS
Screenplay by Alexander Payne & Jim Taylor

VISUAL EFFECTS
SPIDER-MAN 2
John Dykstra, Scott Stokdyk, Anthony LaMolinara and John Frazier

SHORT FILM (LIVE ACTION)
WASP
Andrea Arnold

SHORT FILM (ANIMATED)
RYAN
Chris Landreth

CINEMATOGRAPHY (no surprise)
THE AVIATOR
Robert Richardson

SOUND MIXING
RAY
Scott Millan, Greg Orloff, Bob Beemer and Steve Cantamessa

SOUND EDITING
THE INCREDIBLES
Michael Silvers and Randy Thom

DOCUMENTARY SHORT SUBJECT
MIGHTY TIMES: THE CHILDREN'S MARCH
Robert Hudson and Bobby Houston

MUSIC (SCORE)
FINDING NEVERLAND
Jan A.P. Kaczmarek

MUSIC (SONG)
THE MOTORCYCLE DIARIES
"Al Otro Lado Del Río"
Music and Lyric by Jorge Drexler

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Hilary Swank
MILLION DOLLAR BABY

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
THE SEA INSIDE
Spain
Directed by Alejandro Amenábar

WRITING (ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY)
ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
Screenplay by Charlie Kaufman; Story by Charlie Kaufman & Michel Gondry & Pierre Bismuth

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Jamie Foxx
RAY

DIRECTING (personally I think Clint didnt deserve it.)
MILLION DOLLAR BABY
Clint Eastwood

and finally for best picture:

Best Picture, you guessed it:
Million Dollar Baby. Once again, the film that wins directing wins best picture.

BEST PICTURE
MILLION DOLLAR BABY
Clint Eastwood, Albert S. Ruddy and Tom Rosenberg

How dissapointing....
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Ell

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 28th, 2005, 12:05 am

Once Clint took the best Director, it was all over and Million Dollar Mantha was destined to win. While I have not seen the movie yet, I will pass on judging wheather it should of won. While Ray was OK and The Aviator was good, Sideways was still my favorite out of the bunch but movies like that wont win. I miss the good ol days when Forrest Gump, Braveheart, Schindlers List, American Beauty, and Lord of the Rings-The Return of the Kaing won. Those were the times when the movies that should of won, won.

Then there were the dissapointments. Saving Private Ryan should of won instead of Shakespeare in Gay and that was the biggest Oscar dissapointment to date. And then there were the times where I really didnt care like the years Chicago and A Beautiful Mind won.

Of course the Oscars are a bloated fart fest but it sure does help the careers of those who win or are nominated. Man, was it just me or did most of the presenters seem like they were on drugs, Sean Penn, Dustin Hoffman, and Al Pacino. All of those guys seemed pissed off or drugged like they had something sticking out of their ass.

Chris Rock did a better job then Steve Martin or Whoopie Goldberg could ever dream of as far as hosting the oscars go. The Kaing of hosting the oscars still goes to Billy Crystal for his opening montages in which he places himself in the movie.

As for Jamie Foxx, yea he deserved the best actor although he was up against some good performances. Leonardo deserved his while Johnny Depp is still an underated actor. Don Cheadle (sp?) is also a good actor too and got his career started by selling stereos in the movie, Hessian Nights. Clint Eastwood is crusty but still has tallent.

I saw Kate Winslet's performance in Eternal Sunshine of a Spottless Milo and I thought it was good. I didn't see any of the others but im sure Hillary Swank did a good job in $1,000,000 Mantha.

I was dissapointed that Leeroy Turtlehead didnt win the Worst Turtlehead Actor for The Stu Supremecy, and Spring Vacation 1 didnt win the best Dorkumentary. Coleflatch didn't even win best song "I will beat the Mantha with you" from the touching drama, The Life of a Sad Mantha. The best editing didnt even go to Dan Poowers for "The Stu Supremecy." I guess UBSTUdios will have to make a better film for this years Thanksgiving. With Stuboy going to UofU there could be a better chance for the Wascars next year.

Overall, this show was kind of lame. Everybody was on drugs or had horrible gas. No ones dress was see-through, and nobody laughed when they screwed up reading the cue TV. The orchestra kept on cutting into peoples speeches and Clint Eastwood said, "Fuck this. I'm going home to have an ice cold Old Ashmacka (Mars for Beer) and play with my Wascar."
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby Kaing of Kaings » February 28th, 2005, 12:10 am

P.S.

I think the reason why the Oscars were so lame this year is because of George W. Bush and Jesus Land wouldn't approve of a show that actually entertained because it would be a discrase to Jerry Fartwell and the FCC would fine the Academy if someone farted and it wasn't on the cue card. Welcome to another 4 years of censorship and people being afraid to speak against GWB and his Hessian army.
Harry: " Whoa, Jesus, Check out the butt on that one."

Lloyd: "He must work out."

Dumb and Dumber
Kaing of Kaings
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby TheStuboy » February 28th, 2005, 12:48 am

I agree Anderson, you should do a show on how lame this years Oscars were.
I do not think Million Dollar Baby was worth quite what it got. I think the Aviator should have won best directing and best picture because it was actually good film making, not crusty old guy who can't act and makes slow films-making.

I agree there have been better years at the Oscars, I don't even know if Spielberg was there, he probably saw the shitty movies and said screw this as well (just like Clint Eastwood did to the orchestra which I thought was funny).

Hilary Swank also shut those bastards up too, but she did run kind of long.

I liked Jamie Foxx's speech, and I think he should have won for Coleflatcheral.
Tom Cruise wasn't even nominated for best actor in that film, damn academy.

Finally, I have designated myself as the forum grammar fixer, especially for you Anderson, your spelling in the last messages was horrible (and they have been fixed now.)

You call yourself a CNN reporter!

P.S. Me thinks Sean Penn was drunk. Al Pacino was pissed off he didn't win anything this year so it showed. I missed Chris Rock's opening speech because I was at Leejoy's downtown eating a poowee causing burger and the waiter took 15 minutes to bring our bill out (and no one was there.)
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » February 28th, 2005, 11:14 am

Here is my take on the Oscars:

I agree with the stus that this was quite a boring and predictable year at the oscars. I hate when they promote stu movies to win all the awards that no one really gives a fk about. Ive heard nothing but bad things about million dollar baby so how it took most of the top awards for acting is beyond me. I guess a movie can be stu and unrealistic yet the acting is so good it is made best picture? Granted, I have only seen one nominated movie (The Heaviator). I guess I was expecting Scorsese would win best director for his lifetime of work rather then the heaviator which is by far not his best movie. I do plan on seeing Sideways as Ive heard nothing but good things about it, Im glad it took home the best screenplay award. Though im shocked Leeroy turtlehead and Van Stuber were not recognized for their screenplay adaptation of the Stu Supremecy.

Maybe its just me, or that I havent seen "Gay" but I still cant take Jamie Foxx too seriously. Im sure he did an excellent job in gay and probably deserved the award but he always has a shit eating grin on his face and a massive mike tyson tattoo on his skull which makes me believe he cant act for some reason. Or he can act really stu, one or the other.

As for the long musical jaunts, Im impressed Beyonce has the talent to flatch in French, English, and Spanish, we really found out how multi-talented her tongue is. I bet Jay-Z got a hellava bj after the award show. Carlos Santana and Antonio Banderas, I thought it was once upon a time in a gringo country then the next thing I know Chris Rock is like "come on man, help a brother out!"

After the oscars, I was whisked away by a stretch hummer limo to elton gomps' party where we danced to gay unce till dawn, now Im back at work writing on the ubstudios boards and looking up dx stations. Ah the life of a ubstudios celebrity.

L roy T head
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews