Quick review: A Christmas Story Christmas

Anything and everything related to Hollywood can be posted here. This includes news and premiere events etc. Also we accept movie reviews.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Quick review: A Christmas Story Christmas

Postby TheStuboy » November 20th, 2022, 1:20 pm

It's everything I hoped it would be, and surprisingly very touching. I found myself tearing up and thinking about how I miss holidays as a kid. There's nothing that can touch the original, and I do kind of agree with one of the reviews that said this doesn't feel like the 1970s. Its also a touch predictable, but so was the original film. There's a lot of rehashing and nostalgia thrown in but thats what you want.

It's got some messy moments but they're made up by the joy of seeing these characters have fun. Its also nice that they were able to get most of the cast back. It made me miss the old man and his wise cracks, buts its a more than worthy sequel to a classic. What a fitting tribute to the original old man and his quest for a perfect Christmas. It bookends the original film very well.

I triple dog dare you to watch this movie and not show any emotion. You can't do it.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Hollywood/Television News/Reviews