Flat tire saga

Want to talk about current happenings anywhere and bring us important news? This topic is the place for you.

Moderators: leeroy_t, TheStuboy, Kaing of Kaings

Flat tire saga

Postby TheStuboy » April 4th, 2005, 8:59 pm

Coming home this weekend (Sunday afternoon to be exact) we were about 20 miles west of Rawlins when some road debris came up over the horizon.

I was in the left lane watching people swerve around it, but unfortunately I couldn't miss it and ran right over it. There were cars in the right hand lane so I couldn't move over.

I heard this strange rumbling and said, something is wrong, so I proceeded to pull completely off the highway and got out and walked around my car and noticed the rear passanger tire was dead flat and had an inch square hole in the sidewall.

So Jenn and I proceeded to change the tire, having minimal problems (my jack is a gay design) and put the spare tire on that was underneith the vehicle. After the tire was on, we drove on it for awhile going 50, but made the rest of the trip going 65 mph since you really aren't supposed to go fast on a spare.

We made it back to Laramie in one piece and the spare still sits on my car as I write this.

I went to Planes (American Car Care Centers) because thats where I got the tires as recent as December, and saw if I could get a replacement today.
My tires are under warranty and will be replaced at no cost to me (maybe) by Friday, then I'll be good to go again.

Point is, when your driving down the highway, do not hit tire debris if you can, it might contain metal shards that will puncture your tire, and then you'd be in the same situation I was.
All is well though, best get back to stu homework.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Postby leeroy_t » April 5th, 2005, 10:25 pm

ell, what about deer carcasses over by fossil butt?
Oh Leeroy what a knockout!
leeroy_t
Clogged many a toilet.

Postby TheStuboy » April 5th, 2005, 10:36 pm

No this wasn't as bad, it was deffinitely part of a tire. It scraped up someone elses muffler pretty bad, they pulled over near us.
"I won, you losht, get ushed to it shon"
Danny Glovershh - Shhootersh.
TheStuboy
Mitch D. Umbass

Return to Current Events